Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Doc
01-03-1999, 08:07 PM
I know of 3 different repair manuels(Haynes,Chilton & Bentley). I plan to purchase one of these manuels but which one I dont know. Which is the best one for weekend mechanics? What do you guys recommend? Why?

Edward
01-04-1999, 09:14 AM
<i>: I know of 3 different repair manuels(Haynes,Chilton & Bentley). I plan to purchase one of these manuels but which one I dont know. Which is the best one for weekend mechanics? What do you guys recommend? Why?<p></i><br>Hi<br>The R.Benley goes to great detail, step by step.<br>The Chilton is the only one which covers M5.<br>The Haynes have a bit more on basic knowledge.<br>If you want data for M5, Chilton +/- Benley.<br>If you want greatest detail, RB.<br>If you want minimun expenditure, Chilton only.<br>

Edward
01-04-1999, 09:17 AM
<i>Wrong spelling.<br>Benley should read Bentley.<br></i>

EM
01-04-1999, 10:19 AM
<br>I purchased Bentley from B&N.com. It was ~$60US to my door. Chilton was too light on content. Haynes would probably be ok for a weekend mechanic and is less expensive than the Bentley.<p>Good luck,<p>EM<p>: I know of 3 different repair manuels(Haynes,Chilton & Bentley). I plan to purchase one of these manuels but which one I dont know. Which is the best one for weekend mechanics? What do you guys recommend? Why?<p><br>

David Grant
01-04-1999, 01:24 PM
The Chilton is worthless. It covers too many models and is too "light." The Bentley is awesome and worth the extra $$$. I have the original service manuals on fische and the Bentley is very similiar to those.<p><i>: I know of 3 different repair manuels(Haynes,Chilton & Bentley). I plan to purchase one of these manuels but which one I dont know. Which is the best one for weekend mechanics? What do you guys recommend? Why?<p></i>

Andy Peavy
01-04-1999, 02:20 PM
<i>: I know of 3 different repair manuels(Haynes,Chilton & Bentley). I plan to purchase one of these manuels but which one I dont know. Which is the best one for weekend mechanics? What do you guys recommend? Why?<p></i>

Steve
01-04-1999, 04:48 PM
<i>: I know of 3 different repair manuels(Haynes,Chilton & Bentley). I plan to purchase one of these manuels but which one I dont know. Which is the best one for weekend mechanics? What do you guys recommend? Why?<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index