Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

CraigW
01-04-1999, 12:40 AM
In November, I purchased an '89 535i with 42K miles. I have just had an Inspection II done and replaced both lower control arms. I would now like to make some changes. Tires, chips and suspension modification Q & A's have been found elsewhere on this board but I have found no reference to the following two areas that are of interest to me.<p>1. I would like to replace the factory steering wheel with an aftermarket wheel w/ bag. With my previous automobile, (pre bags days) I installed a MOMO Monte Carlo - kept it and it's still on my '82 Fiat Spyder. I e-mailed MOMO for their advice, but have yet to receive any response. I would like to know if anyone has any experience and or advice on sourcing and installation. I have a flyer from KSK Distributing re: Alpina 3 and 4-spoke, I realize these wheels are for airbags, but is $757.00 the market rate for this item? Also, can the existing bag be reused or do these aftermarket wheels come with the bag?<p>2. What is involved in replacing the lamps for high beams, low beams/high beams and fog lights? The high beams seem to be acceptable. The low beams don't seem to project very far and the fogs offer very little in comparison to my previous experiences (High/Low - H4 55/100W and Fog - H3 85W). Since it is 15 F outside and frigid here in NE-Ohio, I haven't had the chance to see what is involved, whether it's as simple as replacing bulbs or replacing the headlight assembly.<p>Thanks in advance for your comments,<br>Craig W

Chris A.
01-04-1999, 03:18 AM
<i>Craig, <br>Check out this web site for replacement bulbs. They offer super white bulbs that are similar to HID lights. They offer more watts from your standard bulbs. WWW.autoindulgence.com<br>I'm not too familiar w/replacement steering wheels with airbags.<p>Chris<br>94 530i<br></i>

David Rogers
01-06-1999, 10:08 PM
I have the same feelings for factory lights. You can replace low beams with 85 watt bulbs and improve low f-beam performance. you only need to change the fuse to a higher amp. after market light suppliers can help you<p>No help with the steering wheel<p>David-89 535i.

Craig Wright
01-06-1999, 10:30 PM
<br>: I have the same feelings for factory lights. You can replace low beams with 85 watt bulbs and improve low f-beam performance. you only need to change the fuse to a higher amp. after market light suppliers can help you<p>: No help with the steering wheel<p>: David-89 535i. <p>Thanks for the advice gentlemen. I did not know that I would have to change to a higher amp fuse, but that makes sense.<p>Craig W-89 535i <br>

Craig Wright
01-06-1999, 10:36 PM
<br>: I have the same feelings for factory lights. You can replace low beams with 85 watt bulbs and improve low f-beam performance. you only need to change the fuse to a higher amp. after market light suppliers can help you<p>: No help with the steering wheel<p>: David-89 535i. <p>Thanks for your advice gentlemen. I was not aware that I would need a higher amp fuse, but with hindsight, this makes sense. David, can you tell me what type of bulb I would need for the low beams?<p>Craig W. 89-535i<br>

Craig Wright
01-06-1999, 10:42 PM
<br>: I have the same feelings for factory lights. You can replace low beams with 85 watt bulbs and improve low f-beam performance. you only need to change the fuse to a higher amp. after market light suppliers can help you<p>:Thanks for your help gentlemen. I was not aware that I would need to go to a higher amp fuse, but that would make sense. Do you know what type bulb I need to purchase to replace the low beam?<p>CraigW 89-535i<p> <p>

Craig Wright
01-06-1999, 11:08 PM
<br>: I have the same feelings for factory lights. You can replace low beams with 85 watt bulbs and improve low f-beam performance. you only need to change the fuse to a higher amp. after market light suppliers can help you<p>Thanks for the information. I was not aware that I would have to go to a higher amp fuse. Perhaps you could advise me as to the type of replacement bulb to use? Would it be an H4 or is there another type? I received an e-mail from Eurolights indicating a Type 9006 for the low beams. I am not familiar with this type of bulb. <p>Craig W. 89-535i<p>

Craig Wright
01-06-1999, 11:14 PM
<br>: <br> <p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index