Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Richard
01-04-1999, 10:52 AM
My 5er will not push hot air thru the center (dash) outlets when the car is in motion, regard less of where the dash dial is(blue or red). It is fine when the car is still, but as soon as you start to move you get the artic(outside) blast. Any one know the cure for this? Richard

Joe Mazza
01-04-1999, 05:09 PM
Same problem with mine. Used to work perfectly, mixing hot and cold air according to the center thumbwheel position. But now the thumbwheel has only a slight effect varying from cool to freezing. Mechanic at the dealer sez it can be fixed but didn't know about parts availavbility or cost. (BTW, you can selectively close the center dash vents by the thumbwheels at their outboard ends.)<p>Cheers,<br>Joe<br>'90 535i(M) 185K+ miles and going strong...<p><i>: My 5er will not push hot air thru the center (dash) outlets when the car is in motion, regard less of where the dash dial is(blue or red). It is fine when the car is still, but as soon as you start to move you get the artic(outside) blast. Any one know the cure for this? Richard<p><br></i>

Jon Brush
01-05-1999, 09:08 AM
Mine too: I posted this problem on the previous 5er board (before the E34 specific board) and Jim Cash suggested that the bowden cable ( which connects the thumbwheel to the flap controlling the temp) might be disconnected/otherwise inop. He stated that the upper end can be accessed by removing the radio, then unclipping the vent unit. According to my Bentley manual (if I understand correctly), the flap is behind the carpeted panel on the pass. side of the transmission hump. Someday I plan to look into this. Meanwhile I'm focusing on the intermittent miss/ASC issue discussed below (have to set priorities..... :^). <p>Anyone with experience, ideas on this, chime in pls.<p>Jon Brush<br>'92 535i 5sp 67.5 K<br>'90 Cairn Terrier, oversteers, high rpm miss<br>

Ben C.
01-16-1999, 03:28 AM
<br>Yes guys. My car also does this. I found a tempoary fix though...<p>Put the recirculatory button on and open the center vents. Put the dial on Red, open the Roof to the venting postion and prepare for the blast.<p>This also depends on vehicular speed. On the highway, it cools off. In traffic it blows hot.<p>Hope this helps<p><p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index