Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

john
01-04-1999, 12:27 PM
<br>5er's<br>I found a leak from the oil pan gasket, tried tightening bolts, it looks like it slowed it down but still drips....<br>What to do? How big of a job is it to replace the gasket?<br>Are there other options?<p>TIA><p>John 90 e34 535i

ron
01-04-1999, 02:15 PM
<i>: <br>: 5er's<br>: I found a leak from the oil pan gasket, tried tightening bolts, it looks like it slowed it down but still drips....<br>: What to do? How big of a job is it to replace the gasket?<br>: Are there other options?<p>: TIA><p>: John 90 e34 535i<p></i>John,<br>See the same question from johnS (12/21-same problem, same John? with a 535i. Tightening bolts and applying sealants, at least in my opinion just prolongs the inevitable...replacement of the gasket. I've got the small-6 in my 525i (took me about 3 hrs), so i don't know how much more involved it might be for a 535i. Give yourself at least an afternoon, a comfortable place to lay under your car, babysitter (if req'd), and just keep thinking about all the money you're saving doing it yourself. If money's not an object, DO take it to a shop, 'cuz it ain't a picnic. <br>ron<br>89 e34<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index