Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Chris
01-04-1999, 05:02 PM
Hi all,<p>I just bought in Australia a 1990 E34 535i. In Australia, standard spec for the audio system was 6 speaker, radio/cassette. However, the head unit has a CD control function.<p>I basically have 2 questions:-<p>1) Does anyone know if the wiring for the CD to the trunk is pre-wired by the factory?;<p>2) What is the brand of the CD player - don't really want to go to BMW for it. In Australia, I'm not sure what the head unit's brand is (or if it is the same as US/Europe). Just describing it, it has a 4-way "joystick" type switch controlling the radio and cassette search functions. And the BAL/FAD/TRE/BAS adjustments are by a "finger sensor" type operation, with a row of orange LEDs above the slot where you put your finger.<p>Thanks all in advance, and a safe and happy new year!!!

Dave
01-05-1999, 11:32 PM
I just installed the 6 disk changer in my US '90 535i a couple of weeks ago. Your head unit sounds a little different from mine; mine's a Pioneer and has a BAND button that let's you scroll through AM, FM, and CD. There are six station presets; these are also used to choose which disk you want. There is a slow/fast forward/backward toggle for searching and scanning radio stations; this is also used to swich tracks on a disk or to fast forward or reverse within a track.<p>The stock CD changer is NLA from BMW (at least in the States). The aftermarket unit is the Pioneer CDX-M30 ($399 US from Crutchfield). My car was prewired, but the prewired cable will not connect to the changer. The changer came with the correct 13 pin wire, to connect to the changer and head unit. 2-3 hours to install, and it works like a champ. <p>I'd check out Crutchfield to see if they can confirm this is the right changer for your head unit. Good luck.<p><br>: Hi all,<p>: I just bought in Australia a 1990 E34 535i. In Australia, standard spec for the audio system was 6 speaker, radio/cassette. However, the head unit has a CD control function.<p>: I basically have 2 questions:-<p>: 1) Does anyone know if the wiring for the CD to the trunk is pre-wired by the factory?;<p>: 2) What is the brand of the CD player - don't really want to go to BMW for it. In Australia, I'm not sure what the head unit's brand is (or if it is the same as US/Europe). Just describing it, it has a 4-way "joystick" type switch controlling the radio and cassette search functions. And the BAL/FAD/TRE/BAS adjustments are by a "finger sensor" type operation, with a row of orange LEDs above the slot where you put your finger.<p>: Thanks all in advance, and a safe and happy new year!!!<p>

al
01-07-1999, 10:24 PM
<i>: Hi all,<p>: I just bought in Australia a 1990 E34 535i. In Australia, standard spec for the audio system was 6 speaker, radio/cassette. However, the head unit has a CD control function.<p>: I basically have 2 questions:-<p>: 1) Does anyone know if the wiring for the CD to the trunk is pre-wired by the factory?;<p>: 2) What is the brand of the CD player - don't really want to go to BMW for it. In Australia, I'm not sure what the head unit's brand is (or if it is the same as US/Europe). Just describing it, it has a 4-way "joystick" type switch controlling the radio and cassette search functions. And the BAL/FAD/TRE/BAS adjustments are by a "finger sensor" type operation, with a row of orange LEDs above the slot where you put your finger.<p>: Thanks all in advance, and a safe and happy new year!!!<p></i><br>I have a used pioneer CDM-30 I purchased to put in my car, however, the radio was not compatable with the cd changer. Let me know if you might be interested in the changer.

chris Trittenbass
01-18-1999, 04:15 AM
Yes, hi there.<p> I would be interested in your pioneer cd player. Please write me back at christopher.trittenbass@attcanada.net. Thank you.<p>Chris Trittenbass<p><p><p><i>: : Hi all,<p>: : I just bought in Australia a 1990 E34 535i. In Australia, standard spec for the audio system was 6 speaker, radio/cassette. However, the head unit has a CD control function.<p>: : I basically have 2 questions:-<p>: : 1) Does anyone know if the wiring for the CD to the trunk is pre-wired by the factory?;<p>: : 2) What is the brand of the CD player - don't really want to go to BMW for it. In Australia, I'm not sure what the head unit's brand is (or if it is the same as US/Europe). Just describing it, it has a 4-way "joystick" type switch controlling the radio and cassette search functions. And the BAL/FAD/TRE/BAS adjustments are by a "finger sensor" type operation, with a row of orange LEDs above the slot where you put your finger.<p>: : Thanks all in advance, and a safe and happy new year!!!<p>: <br>: I have a used pioneer CDM-30 I purchased to put in my car, however, the radio was not compatable with the cd changer. Let me know if you might be interested in the changer.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index