Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Christopher
01-04-1999, 10:12 PM
Sorry folks I posted this on the E39 board in error.<br>I sold some wheels of mine in the summer over the net to someone who regulars this board and newsgroups. I wont say who it is "for now" but I am very very upset and irrate at his actions. Anyways the wheels were expensive 17" M5 modular wheels and the price was only $600 USD and I paid the shipping. He sent me $300 USD in good faith so I shipped the wheels via UPS. It cost me $100 to ship them. It has now been 3 months and he has not sent me the final payment even though he has my perfect M5 wheels in hand. He as told me several times that "it is in the mail". I am a business person so it is not in my nature to start getting uptight but we made a deal on a gentlemans agreement and so far he has not lived up to his end of the bargain. Being that he owns a 5 series and seems like a nice guy I have cut him slack but enough is enough. Anyways can someone give me some advice on the best method to collect the balance owed to me. Here are some suggestions I may have to pursue very quickly:<p>I was told I could add on the shipping charges so the balance would be $400 USD.<p>1. Local US Collection agency like Equifax or Financial Collection Agencies. I understand he will get an R9 on the his credit bureau and they will pursue him at home and work to get the money.<p>2. I am in a large BMW club and know the president very well. My president told me he would contact some people in his area BMW club and notify his club president of this ripoff and take action from there. I am unsure what he is referring to ? My club president and treasurer are aware of the transaction and witnessed me shipping the wheels off so even though there is nothing on paper I have witnesses and can generate an accounts invoice if need be.<p>3. My friend lives in same city he does and is willing to either seize the wheels or pay him a visit at work and stir up trouble. I feel this is not the best route but it is a much smaller world than he thinks it is.<p>As a fellow 5 series owner and Bimmer enthusiast I am really preturbed a fellow Bimmer owner would do this to me especially when you consider that he has put the M5 wheels on his car and has expressed his satisfaction with the mint and pricey wheels I sent him.<p>Any further advice is much appreciated.<br>BTW we live across the country from each other I am on the west coast and he is on the East coast Philly area I have his work and home addresses and phone numbers.<p>Christopher<br>

Peter
01-04-1999, 11:17 PM
<i>: Sorry folks I posted this on the E39 board in error.<br>: I sold some wheels of mine in the summer over the net to someone who regulars this board and newsgroups. I wont say who it is "for now" but I am very very upset and irrate at his actions. Anyways the wheels were expensive 17" M5 modular wheels and the price was only $600 USD and I paid the shipping. He sent me $300 USD in good faith so I shipped the wheels via UPS. It cost me $100 to ship them. It has now been 3 months and he has not sent me the final payment even though he has my perfect M5 wheels in hand. He as told me several times that "it is in the mail". I am a business person so it is not in my nature to start getting uptight but we made a deal on a gentlemans agreement and so far he has not lived up to his end of the bargain. Being that he owns a 5 series and seems like a nice guy I have cut him slack but enough is enough. Anyways can someone give me some advice on the best method to collect the balance owed to me. Here are some suggestions I may have to pursue very quickly:<p>: I was told I could add on the shipping charges so the balance would be $400 USD.<p>: 1. Local US Collection agency like Equifax or Financial Collection Agencies. I understand he will get an R9 on the his credit bureau and they will pursue him at home and work to get the money.<p>: 2. I am in a large BMW club and know the president very well. My president told me he would contact some people in his area BMW club and notify his club president of this ripoff and take action from there. I am unsure what he is referring to ? My club president and treasurer are aware of the transaction and witnessed me shipping the wheels off so even though there is nothing on paper I have witnesses and can generate an accounts invoice if need be.<p>: 3. My friend lives in same city he does and is willing to either seize the wheels or pay him a visit at work and stir up trouble. I feel this is not the best route but it is a much smaller world than he thinks it is.<p>: As a fellow 5 series owner and Bimmer enthusiast I am really preturbed a fellow Bimmer owner would do this to me especially when you consider that he has put the M5 wheels on his car and has expressed his satisfaction with the mint and pricey wheels I sent him.<p>: Any further advice is much appreciated.<br>: BTW we live across the country from each other I am on the west coast and he is on the East coast Philly area I have his work and home addresses and phone numbers.<p>: Christopher<p></i>Hey Christopher<p>I read about your collection problem with the guy in the Philly area who hasnt paid you for your M5 wheels.<br>My brother lives in that area. He owns a BMW and feels we owners should stick together as enthusiasts. He said he would resolve the problem for you for $30 just the cost of his gasoline and lunch...<br>Email me if you want to get your money. I myself sold an RD strutbar to someguy in California and was very pleased the internet could actually be useful for online commerce and trade so the actions of the purchaser are disgusting and makes things hard for us all who are beginning to use the net to sell items. <p>

Henry Coulter
01-05-1999, 01:09 AM
<i>: : Sorry folks I posted this on the E39 board in error.<br>: : I sold some wheels of mine in the summer over the net to someone who regulars this board and newsgroups. I wont say who it is "for now" but I am very very upset and irrate at his actions. Anyways the wheels were expensive 17" M5 modular wheels and the price was only $600 USD and I paid the shipping. He sent me $300 USD in good faith so I shipped the wheels via UPS. It cost me $100 to ship them. It has now been 3 months and he has not sent me the final payment even though he has my perfect M5 wheels in hand. He as told me several times that "it is in the mail". I am a business person so it is not in my nature to start getting uptight but we made a deal on a gentlemans agreement and so far he has not lived up to his end of the bargain. Being that he owns a 5 series and seems like a nice guy I have cut him slack but enough is enough. Anyways can someone give me some advice on the best method to collect the balance owed to me. Here are some suggestions I may have to pursue very quickly:<p>: : I was told I could add on the shipping charges so the balance would be $400 USD.<p>: : 1. Local US Collection agency like Equifax or Financial Collection Agencies. I understand he will get an R9 on the his credit bureau and they will pursue him at home and work to get the money.<p>: : 2. I am in a large BMW club and know the president very well. My president told me he would contact some people in his area BMW club and notify his club president of this ripoff and take action from there. I am unsure what he is referring to ? My club president and treasurer are aware of the transaction and witnessed me shipping the wheels off so even though there is nothing on paper I have witnesses and can generate an accounts invoice if need be.<p>: : 3. My friend lives in same city he does and is willing to either seize the wheels or pay him a visit at work and stir up trouble. I feel this is not the best route but it is a much smaller world than he thinks it is.<p>: : As a fellow 5 series owner and Bimmer enthusiast I am really preturbed a fellow Bimmer owner would do this to me especially when you consider that he has put the M5 wheels on his car and has expressed his satisfaction with the mint and pricey wheels I sent him.<p>: : Any further advice is much appreciated.<br>: : BTW we live across the country from each other I am on the west coast and he is on the East coast Philly area I have his work and home addresses and phone numbers.<p>: : Christopher<p>: Hey Christopher<p>: I read about your collection problem with the guy in the Philly area who hasnt paid you for your M5 wheels.<br>: My brother lives in that area. He owns a BMW and feels we owners should stick together as enthusiasts. He said he would resolve the problem for you for $30 just the cost of his gasoline and lunch...<br>: Email me if you want to get your money. I myself sold an RD strutbar to someguy in California and was very pleased the internet could actually be useful for online commerce and trade so the actions of the purchaser are disgusting and makes things hard for us all who are beginning to use the net to sell items. <p></i>Quite a lowlife I must say, I think you should post his name and family members all over the Net,contact his employer,contact the BMW club in his area(They frown on this stuff) then finally list your account with a good aggressive collections agency. Doing this will ruin his credit for 6 years and he will get the worst credit rating one can get(R9),no bank or credit card company will touch him. Give him 30 days to pay up if not then go with a collections agency or better yet it sounds like the previous posters brother will break some shins and he appears to live in the same city,deservedly so..<p><br>Good luck

AllanH
01-05-1999, 10:24 AM
<i>: : : Sorry folks I posted this on the E39 board in error.<br>: : : I sold some wheels of mine in the summer over the net to someone who regulars this board and newsgroups. I wont say who it is "for now" but I am very very upset and irrate at his actions. Anyways the wheels were expensive 17" M5 modular wheels and the price was only $600 USD and I paid the shipping. He sent me $300 USD in good faith so I shipped the wheels via UPS. It cost me $100 to ship them. It has now been 3 months and he has not sent me the final payment even though he has my perfect M5 wheels in hand. He as told me several times that "it is in the mail". I am a business person so it is not in my nature to start getting uptight but we made a deal on a gentlemans agreement and so far he has not lived up to his end of the bargain. Being that he owns a 5 series and seems like a nice guy I have cut him slack but enough is enough. Anyways can someone give me some advice on the best method to collect the balance owed to me. Here are some suggestions I may have to pursue very quickly:<p>: : : I was told I could add on the shipping charges so the balance would be $400 USD.<p>: : : 1. Local US Collection agency like Equifax or Financial Collection Agencies. I understand he will get an R9 on the his credit bureau and they will pursue him at home and work to get the money.<p>: : : 2. I am in a large BMW club and know the president very well. My president told me he would contact some people in his area BMW club and notify his club president of this ripoff and take action from there. I am unsure what he is referring to ? My club president and treasurer are aware of the transaction and witnessed me shipping the wheels off so even though there is nothing on paper I have witnesses and can generate an accounts invoice if need be.<p>: : : 3. My friend lives in same city he does and is willing to either seize the wheels or pay him a visit at work and stir up trouble. I feel this is not the best route but it is a much smaller world than he thinks it is.<p>: : : As a fellow 5 series owner and Bimmer enthusiast I am really preturbed a fellow Bimmer owner would do this to me especially when you consider that he has put the M5 wheels on his car and has expressed his satisfaction with the mint and pricey wheels I sent him.<p>: : : Any further advice is much appreciated.<br>: : : BTW we live across the country from each other I am on the west coast and he is on the East coast Philly area I have his work and home addresses and phone numbers.<p>: : : Christopher<p>: : Hey Christopher<p>: : I read about your collection problem with the guy in the Philly area who hasnt paid you for your M5 wheels.<br>: : My brother lives in that area. He owns a BMW and feels we owners should stick together as enthusiasts. He said he would resolve the problem for you for $30 just the cost of his gasoline and lunch...<br>: : Email me if you want to get your money. I myself sold an RD strutbar to someguy in California and was very pleased the internet could actually be useful for online commerce and trade so the actions of the purchaser are disgusting and makes things hard for us all who are beginning to use the net to sell items. <p>: Quite a lowlife I must say, I think you should post his name and family members all over the Net,contact his employer,contact the BMW club in his area(They frown on this stuff) then finally list your account with a good aggressive collections agency. Doing this will ruin his credit for 6 years and he will get the worst credit rating one can get(R9),no bank or credit card company will touch him. Give him 30 days to pay up if not then go with a collections agency or better yet it sounds like the previous posters brother will break some shins and he appears to live in the same city,deservedly so..<p>: <br>: Good luck<p></i>Collection agency is a good route. Charge him shipping too then the collection agency will ask for $400 and they will take 20%.Use a National firm like Financial Collections Agency (FCA)or Equifax.You will also destroy his credit for 6 yrs as a bonus.<br>Give him a final ultimatum to pay up before listing with an agency.

Art Vandalay
01-05-1999, 10:32 AM
<i>: : : : Sorry folks I posted this on the E39 board in error.<br>: : : : I sold some wheels of mine in the summer over the net to someone who regulars this board and newsgroups. I wont say who it is "for now" but I am very very upset and irrate at his actions. Anyways the wheels were expensive 17" M5 modular wheels and the price was only $600 USD and I paid the shipping. He sent me $300 USD in good faith so I shipped the wheels via UPS. It cost me $100 to ship them. It has now been 3 months and he has not sent me the final payment even though he has my perfect M5 wheels in hand. He as told me several times that "it is in the mail". I am a business person so it is not in my nature to start getting uptight but we made a deal on a gentlemans agreement and so far he has not lived up to his end of the bargain. Being that he owns a 5 series and seems like a nice guy I have cut him slack but enough is enough. Anyways can someone give me some advice on the best method to collect the balance owed to me. Here are some suggestions I may have to pursue very quickly:<p>: : : : I was told I could add on the shipping charges so the balance would be $400 USD.<p>: : : : 1. Local US Collection agency like Equifax or Financial Collection Agencies. I understand he will get an R9 on the his credit bureau and they will pursue him at home and work to get the money.<p>: : : : 2. I am in a large BMW club and know the president very well. My president told me he would contact some people in his area BMW club and notify his club president of this ripoff and take action from there. I am unsure what he is referring to ? My club president and treasurer are aware of the transaction and witnessed me shipping the wheels off so even though there is nothing on paper I have witnesses and can generate an accounts invoice if need be.<p>: : : : 3. My friend lives in same city he does and is willing to either seize the wheels or pay him a visit at work and stir up trouble. I feel this is not the best route but it is a much smaller world than he thinks it is.<p>: : : : As a fellow 5 series owner and Bimmer enthusiast I am really preturbed a fellow Bimmer owner would do this to me especially when you consider that he has put the M5 wheels on his car and has expressed his satisfaction with the mint and pricey wheels I sent him.<p>: : : : Any further advice is much appreciated.<br>: : : : BTW we live across the country from each other I am on the west coast and he is on the East coast Philly area I have his work and home addresses and phone numbers.<p>: : : : Christopher<p>: : : Hey Christopher<p>: : : I read about your collection problem with the guy in the Philly area who hasnt paid you for your M5 wheels.<br>: : : My brother lives in that area. He owns a BMW and feels we owners should stick together as enthusiasts. He said he would resolve the problem for you for $30 just the cost of his gasoline and lunch...<br>: : : Email me if you want to get your money. I myself sold an RD strutbar to someguy in California and was very pleased the internet could actually be useful for online commerce and trade so the actions of the purchaser are disgusting and makes things hard for us all who are beginning to use the net to sell items. <p>: : Quite a lowlife I must say, I think you should post his name and family members all over the Net,contact his employer,contact the BMW club in his area(They frown on this stuff) then finally list your account with a good aggressive collections agency. Doing this will ruin his credit for 6 years and he will get the worst credit rating one can get(R9),no bank or credit card company will touch him. Give him 30 days to pay up if not then go with a collections agency or better yet it sounds like the previous posters brother will break some shins and he appears to live in the same city,deservedly so..<p>: : <br>: : Good luck<p>: Collection agency is a good route. Charge him shipping too then the collection agency will ask for $400 and they will take 20%.Use a National firm like Financial Collections Agency (FCA)or Equifax.You will also destroy his credit for 6 yrs as a bonus.<br>: Give him a final ultimatum to pay up before listing with an agency.<p></i>Here is a good one Christopher<p>Get a free page at Geocities.<br>state how he ripped you off on the page. publish everything you know about this guy where he works his home address etc etc.<br>link your page to all BMW and car sites.They give you the option which community you can be in.<br>Then when anyone types in BMW or car into a search engine your page will come up with all the world to too see and to be warned of.<br>

kjk
01-05-1999, 10:36 AM
<i>: : : : Sorry folks I posted this on the E39 board in error.<br>: : : : I sold some wheels of mine in the summer over the net to someone who regulars this board and newsgroups. I wont say who it is "for now" but I am very very upset and irrate at his actions. Anyways the wheels were expensive 17" M5 modular wheels and the price was only $600 USD and I paid the shipping. He sent me $300 USD in good faith so I shipped the wheels via UPS. It cost me $100 to ship them. It has now been 3 months and he has not sent me the final payment even though he has my perfect M5 wheels in hand. He as told me several times that "it is in the mail". I am a business person so it is not in my nature to start getting uptight but we made a deal on a gentlemans agreement and so far he has not lived up to his end of the bargain. Being that he owns a 5 series and seems like a nice guy I have cut him slack but enough is enough. Anyways can someone give me some advice on the best method to collect the balance owed to me. Here are some suggestions I may have to pursue very quickly:<p>: : : : I was told I could add on the shipping charges so the balance would be $400 USD.<p>: : : : 1. Local US Collection agency like Equifax or Financial Collection Agencies. I understand he will get an R9 on the his credit bureau and they will pursue him at home and work to get the money.<p>: : : : 2. I am in a large BMW club and know the president very well. My president told me he would contact some people in his area BMW club and notify his club president of this ripoff and take action from there. I am unsure what he is referring to ? My club president and treasurer are aware of the transaction and witnessed me shipping the wheels off so even though there is nothing on paper I have witnesses and can generate an accounts invoice if need be.<p>: : : : 3. My friend lives in same city he does and is willing to either seize the wheels or pay him a visit at work and stir up trouble. I feel this is not the best route but it is a much smaller world than he thinks it is.<p>: : : : As a fellow 5 series owner and Bimmer enthusiast I am really preturbed a fellow Bimmer owner would do this to me especially when you consider that he has put the M5 wheels on his car and has expressed his satisfaction with the mint and pricey wheels I sent him.<p>: : : : Any further advice is much appreciated.<br>: : : : BTW we live across the country from each other I am on the west coast and he is on the East coast Philly area I have his work and home addresses and phone numbers.<p>: : : : Christopher<p>: : : Hey Christopher<p>: : : I read about your collection problem with the guy in the Philly area who hasnt paid you for your M5 wheels.<br>: : : My brother lives in that area. He owns a BMW and feels we owners should stick together as enthusiasts. He said he would resolve the problem for you for $30 just the cost of his gasoline and lunch...<br>: : : Email me if you want to get your money. I myself sold an RD strutbar to someguy in California and was very pleased the internet could actually be useful for online commerce and trade so the actions of the purchaser are disgusting and makes things hard for us all who are beginning to use the net to sell items. <p>: : Quite a lowlife I must say, I think you should post his name and family members all over the Net,contact his employer,contact the BMW club in his area(They frown on this stuff) then finally list your account with a good aggressive collections agency. Doing this will ruin his credit for 6 years and he will get the worst credit rating one can get(R9),no bank or credit card company will touch him. Give him 30 days to pay up if not then go with a collections agency or better yet it sounds like the previous posters brother will break some shins and he appears to live in the same city,deservedly so..<p>: : <br>: : Good luck<p>: Collection agency is a good route. Charge him shipping too then the collection agency will ask for $400 and they will take 20%.Use a National firm like Financial Collections Agency (FCA)or Equifax.You will also destroy his credit for 6 yrs as a bonus.<br>: Give him a final ultimatum to pay up before listing with an agency.<p></i> As an attorney, I would recommend you use a collection agency or assign the claim to your friend in writing and have him take the guy to small claims court. Get a picture of the car with the wheels on it and send your friend a declaration regarding the transaction to present to the small claims judge. A collection agency will also require an assignment. By the way, for future reference, it is only $5.00 U.S. to send something C.O.D. They don't pay, they don't get the package. Lastly, avoid harassing him at work and things of that nature, it may subject you to liability under state and federal debt collection laws. Despite what people may tell you, you can't garnish wages until you have judgment from a court. <p>KJK

Andy Peavy
01-05-1999, 10:38 AM
<i>I think this person is committing fraud. If he sent the money via U.S. Mail, I would think the Postal Service Authorities would be VERY interested in this matter.<p>A federal crime could land you in jail.<br></i>

kjk
01-05-1999, 10:38 AM
<i>: : : : : Sorry folks I posted this on the E39 board in error.<br>: : : : : I sold some wheels of mine in the summer over the net to someone who regulars this board and newsgroups. I wont say who it is "for now" but I am very very upset and irrate at his actions. Anyways the wheels were expensive 17" M5 modular wheels and the price was only $600 USD and I paid the shipping. He sent me $300 USD in good faith so I shipped the wheels via UPS. It cost me $100 to ship them. It has now been 3 months and he has not sent me the final payment even though he has my perfect M5 wheels in hand. He as told me several times that "it is in the mail". I am a business person so it is not in my nature to start getting uptight but we made a deal on a gentlemans agreement and so far he has not lived up to his end of the bargain. Being that he owns a 5 series and seems like a nice guy I have cut him slack but enough is enough. Anyways can someone give me some advice on the best method to collect the balance owed to me. Here are some suggestions I may have to pursue very quickly:<p>: : : : : I was told I could add on the shipping charges so the balance would be $400 USD.<p>: : : : : 1. Local US Collection agency like Equifax or Financial Collection Agencies. I understand he will get an R9 on the his credit bureau and they will pursue him at home and work to get the money.<p>: : : : : 2. I am in a large BMW club and know the president very well. My president told me he would contact some people in his area BMW club and notify his club president of this ripoff and take action from there. I am unsure what he is referring to ? My club president and treasurer are aware of the transaction and witnessed me shipping the wheels off so even though there is nothing on paper I have witnesses and can generate an accounts invoice if need be.<p>: : : : : 3. My friend lives in same city he does and is willing to either seize the wheels or pay him a visit at work and stir up trouble. I feel this is not the best route but it is a much smaller world than he thinks it is.<p>: : : : : As a fellow 5 series owner and Bimmer enthusiast I am really preturbed a fellow Bimmer owner would do this to me especially when you consider that he has put the M5 wheels on his car and has expressed his satisfaction with the mint and pricey wheels I sent him.<p>: : : : : Any further advice is much appreciated.<br>: : : : : BTW we live across the country from each other I am on the west coast and he is on the East coast Philly area I have his work and home addresses and phone numbers.<p>: : : : : Christopher<p>: : : : Hey Christopher<p>: : : : I read about your collection problem with the guy in the Philly area who hasnt paid you for your M5 wheels.<br>: : : : My brother lives in that area. He owns a BMW and feels we owners should stick together as enthusiasts. He said he would resolve the problem for you for $30 just the cost of his gasoline and lunch...<br>: : : : Email me if you want to get your money. I myself sold an RD strutbar to someguy in California and was very pleased the internet could actually be useful for online commerce and trade so the actions of the purchaser are disgusting and makes things hard for us all who are beginning to use the net to sell items. <p>: : : Quite a lowlife I must say, I think you should post his name and family members all over the Net,contact his employer,contact the BMW club in his area(They frown on this stuff) then finally list your account with a good aggressive collections agency. Doing this will ruin his credit for 6 years and he will get the worst credit rating one can get(R9),no bank or credit card company will touch him. Give him 30 days to pay up if not then go with a collections agency or better yet it sounds like the previous posters brother will break some shins and he appears to live in the same city,deservedly so..<p>: : : <br>: : : Good luck<p>: : Collection agency is a good route. Charge him shipping too then the collection agency will ask for $400 and they will take 20%.Use a National firm like Financial Collections Agency (FCA)or Equifax.You will also destroy his credit for 6 yrs as a bonus.<br>: : Give him a final ultimatum to pay up before listing with an agency.<p>: As an attorney, I would recommend you use a collection agency or assign the claim to your friend in writing and have him take the guy to small claims court. Get a picture of the car with the wheels on it and send your friend a declaration regarding the transaction to present to the small claims judge. A collection agency will also require an assignment. By the way, for future reference, it is only $5.00 U.S. to send something C.O.D. They don't pay, they don't get the package. Lastly, avoid harassing him at work and things of that nature, it may subject you to liability under state and federal debt collection laws. Despite what people may tell you, you can't garnish wages until you have judgment from a court. <p>: KJK<p></i> Here is my email if you want more detailed advice. kkelly@ferrari-calaw.com. Much of the advice these guys have given you may make you feel better, but you won't get your money.

kjk
01-05-1999, 10:39 AM
<i>: : : : : Sorry folks I posted this on the E39 board in error.<br>: : : : : I sold some wheels of mine in the summer over the net to someone who regulars this board and newsgroups. I wont say who it is "for now" but I am very very upset and irrate at his actions. Anyways the wheels were expensive 17" M5 modular wheels and the price was only $600 USD and I paid the shipping. He sent me $300 USD in good faith so I shipped the wheels via UPS. It cost me $100 to ship them. It has now been 3 months and he has not sent me the final payment even though he has my perfect M5 wheels in hand. He as told me several times that "it is in the mail". I am a business person so it is not in my nature to start getting uptight but we made a deal on a gentlemans agreement and so far he has not lived up to his end of the bargain. Being that he owns a 5 series and seems like a nice guy I have cut him slack but enough is enough. Anyways can someone give me some advice on the best method to collect the balance owed to me. Here are some suggestions I may have to pursue very quickly:<p>: : : : : I was told I could add on the shipping charges so the balance would be $400 USD.<p>: : : : : 1. Local US Collection agency like Equifax or Financial Collection Agencies. I understand he will get an R9 on the his credit bureau and they will pursue him at home and work to get the money.<p>: : : : : 2. I am in a large BMW club and know the president very well. My president told me he would contact some people in his area BMW club and notify his club president of this ripoff and take action from there. I am unsure what he is referring to ? My club president and treasurer are aware of the transaction and witnessed me shipping the wheels off so even though there is nothing on paper I have witnesses and can generate an accounts invoice if need be.<p>: : : : : 3. My friend lives in same city he does and is willing to either seize the wheels or pay him a visit at work and stir up trouble. I feel this is not the best route but it is a much smaller world than he thinks it is.<p>: : : : : As a fellow 5 series owner and Bimmer enthusiast I am really preturbed a fellow Bimmer owner would do this to me especially when you consider that he has put the M5 wheels on his car and has expressed his satisfaction with the mint and pricey wheels I sent him.<p>: : : : : Any further advice is much appreciated.<br>: : : : : BTW we live across the country from each other I am on the west coast and he is on the East coast Philly area I have his work and home addresses and phone numbers.<p>: : : : : Christopher<p>: : : : Hey Christopher<p>: : : : I read about your collection problem with the guy in the Philly area who hasnt paid you for your M5 wheels.<br>: : : : My brother lives in that area. He owns a BMW and feels we owners should stick together as enthusiasts. He said he would resolve the problem for you for $30 just the cost of his gasoline and lunch...<br>: : : : Email me if you want to get your money. I myself sold an RD strutbar to someguy in California and was very pleased the internet could actually be useful for online commerce and trade so the actions of the purchaser are disgusting and makes things hard for us all who are beginning to use the net to sell items. <p>: : : Quite a lowlife I must say, I think you should post his name and family members all over the Net,contact his employer,contact the BMW club in his area(They frown on this stuff) then finally list your account with a good aggressive collections agency. Doing this will ruin his credit for 6 years and he will get the worst credit rating one can get(R9),no bank or credit card company will touch him. Give him 30 days to pay up if not then go with a collections agency or better yet it sounds like the previous posters brother will break some shins and he appears to live in the same city,deservedly so..<p>: : : <br>: : : Good luck<p>: : Collection agency is a good route. Charge him shipping too then the collection agency will ask for $400 and they will take 20%.Use a National firm like Financial Collections Agency (FCA)or Equifax.You will also destroy his credit for 6 yrs as a bonus.<br>: : Give him a final ultimatum to pay up before listing with an agency.<p>: As an attorney, I would recommend you use a collection agency or assign the claim to your friend in writing and have him take the guy to small claims court. Get a picture of the car with the wheels on it and send your friend a declaration regarding the transaction to present to the small claims judge. A collection agency will also require an assignment. By the way, for future reference, it is only $5.00 U.S. to send something C.O.D. They don't pay, they don't get the package. Lastly, avoid harassing him at work and things of that nature, it may subject you to liability under state and federal debt collection laws. Despite what people may tell you, you can't garnish wages until you have judgment from a court. <p>: KJK<p></i> Here is my email if you want more detailed advice. kkelly@ferrari-calaw.com. Much of the advice these guys have given you may make you feel better, but you won't get your money.

EM
01-05-1999, 10:57 AM
I don't mean to rain on the parade here, but, this is pretty thin ice.<p>I'm assuming that you are not a business and he is not a business, so you're probably not governed by UCC. Any attorneys are welcome to correct me here, but here goes...<p>1) The reality of the situation is that to engage a collection agency, you're probably going to have to have an established relationship with one, have a sizable chunk of money for them to collect, and they might do you a favor. (Do you have a business that uses one already...?). Otherwise, they're probably not going to take the business, or they're going to charge you some huge percentage to collect -- hardly worth it for $400, for either of you. Besides, they're probably not going to engage without a judgement.<br>2) The two names you listed below aren't going to do anything unless you get a judgement against the offending party.<br>3) To get a judgement, you're probably going to have to sue the person in small claims court IN THEIR STATE to have any effect (any possibility of collecting). You might get a judgement in your state against the person. If so, that might allow you to report to a credit agency like Equifax. Check with an attorney friend for more information.<br>4) Watch out what you say to others about this transaction, and I would not recommend sending cousin Guido over to break his legs. If you don't have any paperwork to back up the situation, calling this person names, hurting them, or stealing the wheels back may get YOU sued for libel, slander, or whatever. <p>Now, some advice...<p>A) If you're really pissed off about this, calm down, then seek the advice of an attorney to see what you can really do. Don't necessarily listen to the nutty BS that's going to be posted here. <br>B) Contact your BMW national representatives (as you already have done locally) to see what THEIR legal counsel can do or recommend. They deal with situations like this a lot and oftentimes they can bring pressure to bear from within the club. Nobody wants to hang around with ripoffs or cheats.<br>C) Document, document, document now. Gather all the information you have about this transaction. All the emails, shipping documents, everything. Write down the dates, times, and who you talked to for every conversation you have. Save it in a safe place in case you need it for court.<br>D) NEVER NEVER NEVER (repeat it to yourself, never), ship things to people you don't know by any other method than COD CASH/Certified check.<br>E) Tell the person now, in writing, on letterhead from your attorney, that you are willing to pursue legal action against them, the consequences if they delay, and a deadline. This usually motivates people to pay. Any attorney will have boilerplate collection text. They send lettes like this all the time.<br>F) Lastly, whether for better or worse, try to be positive and learn something from your $400 investment. I know you're probably pissed off, but take the moral high road if you can.<p>Sorry about your experience. But, thanks for posting. I'm sure that we can all learn from this.<p>Good Luck,<p>EM<p>: Sorry folks I posted this on the E39 board in error.<br>: I sold some wheels of mine in the summer over the net to someone who regulars this board and newsgroups. I wont say who it is "for now" but I am very very upset and irrate at his actions. Anyways the wheels were expensive 17" M5 modular wheels and the price was only $600 USD and I paid the shipping. He sent me $300 USD in good faith so I shipped the wheels via UPS. It cost me $100 to ship them. It has now been 3 months and he has not sent me the final payment even though he has my perfect M5 wheels in hand. He as told me several times that "it is in the mail". I am a business person so it is not in my nature to start getting uptight but we made a deal on a gentlemans agreement and so far he has not lived up to his end of the bargain. Being that he owns a 5 series and seems like a nice guy I have cut him slack but enough is enough. Anyways can someone give me some advice on the best method to collect the balance owed to me. Here are some suggestions I may have to pursue very quickly:<p>: I was told I could add on the shipping charges so the balance would be $400 USD.<p>: 1. Local US Collection agency like Equifax or Financial Collection Agencies. I understand he will get an R9 on the his credit bureau and they will pursue him at home and work to get the money.<p>: 2. I am in a large BMW club and know the president very well. My president told me he would contact some people in his area BMW club and notify his club president of this ripoff and take action from there. I am unsure what he is referring to ? My club president and treasurer are aware of the transaction and witnessed me shipping the wheels off so even though there is nothing on paper I have witnesses and can generate an accounts invoice if need be.<p>: 3. My friend lives in same city he does and is willing to either seize the wheels or pay him a visit at work and stir up trouble. I feel this is not the best route but it is a much smaller world than he thinks it is.<p>: As a fellow 5 series owner and Bimmer enthusiast I am really preturbed a fellow Bimmer owner would do this to me especially when you consider that he has put the M5 wheels on his car and has expressed his satisfaction with the mint and pricey wheels I sent him.<p>: Any further advice is much appreciated.<br>: BTW we live across the country from each other I am on the west coast and he is on the East coast Philly area I have his work and home addresses and phone numbers.<p>: Christopher<p>

EM
01-05-1999, 11:09 AM
...<p>

JeffBos
01-05-1999, 06:45 PM
Christopher,<p>Sorry to hear about the wheels. That guy doesn't deserve to be among us BMW owners. It's really sad considering that he can afford to own a M5 but can't afford the cost of a brake change. <p>My father just finished up a lawsuit against an old business parther that he had in a NASCAR company. The guy tried to run with about $100,000 of my Dad's assets. My dad sued him in Georgia and Florida and won hands down. The guy never showed for court or depositions unless he was threatened by a judge. The final judge was so pissed at the guy that he awarded my Dad triple damages. <br>Well, that award is suitable only for framing. Of course the guy refused to pay my Dad's award and as it turns out you can't garnish the wages of the head of household in Florida. Naturally, his credit rating is shot. The only positive so far is that my Dad's accountant says that he can claim the award as an uncollectable debt on his taxes and his old partner then must consider the assets as income and then he must pay taxes on it.<br>You figure $250,000 @ 38% minus some deductions equals about $85,000 the guy has to come up with. Uncle Sam is not going to let that one slide.<p>He didn't get his money back for now but at least the guy didn't get away with stealing.<p>BTW, The DA in Florida is reviewing the cast to see if there is a case in crimal court.<p>What I have learned from my Dad's case is to stay calm. Continue to send bills to the guy and start including your time also. Get an attorney to send him a letter and unfortunately, get ready to go to court, win, and then try and collect the money.<p>Best of luck to you.<p>Jeff <p>

David
01-17-1999, 01:29 AM
<i>: Sorry folks I posted this on the E39 board in error.<br>: I sold some wheels of mine in the summer over the net to someone who regulars this board and newsgroups. I wont say who it is "for now" but I am very very upset and irrate at his actions. Anyways the wheels were expensive 17" M5 modular wheels and the price was only $600 USD and I paid the shipping. He sent me $300 USD in good faith so I shipped the wheels via UPS. It cost me $100 to ship them. It has now been 3 months and he has not sent me the final payment even though he has my perfect M5 wheels in hand. He as told me several times that "it is in the mail". I am a business person so it is not in my nature to start getting uptight but we made a deal on a gentlemans agreement and so far he has not lived up to his end of the bargain. Being that he owns a 5 series and seems like a nice guy I have cut him slack but enough is enough. Anyways can someone give me some advice on the best method to collect the balance owed to me. Here are some suggestions I may have to pursue very quickly:<p>: I was told I could add on the shipping charges so the balance would be $400 USD.<p>: 1. Local US Collection agency like Equifax or Financial Collection Agencies. I understand he will get an R9 on the his credit bureau and they will pursue him at home and work to get the money.<p>: 2. I am in a large BMW club and know the president very well. My president told me he would contact some people in his area BMW club and notify his club president of this ripoff and take action from there. I am unsure what he is referring to ? My club president and treasurer are aware of the transaction and witnessed me shipping the wheels off so even though there is nothing on paper I have witnesses and can generate an accounts invoice if need be.<p>: 3. My friend lives in same city he does and is willing to either seize the wheels or pay him a visit at work and stir up trouble. I feel this is not the best route but it is a much smaller world than he thinks it is.<p>: As a fellow 5 series owner and Bimmer enthusiast I am really preturbed a fellow Bimmer owner would do this to me especially when you consider that he has put the M5 wheels on his car and has expressed his satisfaction with the mint and pricey wheels I sent him.<p>: Any further advice is much appreciated.<br>: BTW we live across the country from each other I am on the west coast and he is on the East coast Philly area I have his work and home addresses and phone numbers.<p>: Christopher<p></i>I live in the Philly area, let me know if there is something I can do. Even though this is an afterthought, you should have shipped them COD, money order only. I sold a radio like that, got my $ in days

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index