Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Sherwood
01-05-1999, 02:33 PM
From previous posts, I assume it's possible to remove the instrument cluster w/o removing the steering wheel. Is it a hassle to remove? How does the horn/air bag cover come off to access the column nut?

Andy Peavy
01-05-1999, 02:50 PM
I personally wouldn't mess with the airbag. If you feel so inclined. Disconnect the negative battery cable and make sure the cable cannot make contact with the battery. There are small torx or allen head bolts on the back of the wheel which hold the airbag on. Do this at your own risk. I would highly recommend getting the Bentley manual.<p>In a related note. The cluster WILL come out without removing the wheel. <br>-Disconnect neg. battery cable<br>-Jack up the front wheels so they are off the ground (use jackstands).<br>-Adjust wheel all the way out (towards the driver).<br>-Remove two phillips screws from top of cluster.<br>-Carefully slide cluster out and disconnect the four wiring harnesses from the back.<br>-Put cluster in large hole in wheel.<br>-Push turn signal stalk down (left turn).<br>-CAREFULLY turn wheel to the left and work the cluster out.<p><p><i>: From previous posts, I assume it's possible to remove the instrument cluster w/o removing the steering wheel. Is it a hassle to remove? How does the horn/air bag cover come off to access the column nut?<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index