Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Steve
01-06-1999, 01:17 PM
My E34 530iA has no indicator light next to the shifter stick or on the speedo display - I can just make out the E and D at night on the main display, presumably from light spilling from the speedo/tacho etc. I can't see any dud fuses and am waiting for a Bentley manual (snail mail)to check out the wiring diagram. Any thoughts in the meantime ?

Dean
01-06-1999, 01:29 PM
<br><i>: My E34 530iA has no indicator light next to the shifter stick or on the speedo display - I can just make out the E and D at night on the main display, presumably from light spilling from the speedo/tacho etc. I can't see any dud fuses and am waiting for a Bentley manual (snail mail)to check out the wiring diagram. Any thoughts in the meantime ?<p></i>Your LCD module may be failing...mine started doing the same and had to replace the module, fortunately under warranty

SC
01-06-1999, 08:06 PM
Hi, Steve,<p>Since you can still see E and D at night, I'd say that your LCD module is still ok - it is probably just the burned light bulb. To replace the light bulb is not all that difficult, as long as you can remove the instrument cluster cover (there is a similar posting earlier).<p>Another quick way of seeing gear indicator during the day time is to activate the on-board computer in the instrument panel (by depressing the turn signal) - it can shad some light to the gear indicator box - Hope that helps!!! ^-^<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index