Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ted Getchell
01-06-1999, 02:37 PM
Hi E34ers!<p>Some info to pass along and a question for the group:<p>I am about to replace the power steering hoses on my '95 540i. Fluid is actually seeping through the body of the hoses due to heat degredation, according to my independent mechanic.<p>The info I wanted to pass along is the good news: all material and labor is covered under the extended 6 year, 100k mile power train warranty on this car. Of course, I had to figure this out my self and point it out to the dealer, but they now agree that I only have a $50 deductible to pay. I wanted to pass this along since, had I had not carefully read through the warranty papers, I would have ended up paying nearly $500 for the repairs.<p>Has anyone else has seen similar problems with the PS or other hoses?

Michel
01-06-1999, 03:52 PM
I have a '93 525 and seem to have the same problem. I live in the South (hot) and this may be the cause of the leak in my car. I think it is also leaking from the top where the hose clamp is. The clamp is on fairly tight. This is why I think that the actual hose may be deteriorating.

Adnan
01-06-1999, 04:24 PM
I have the same problem on my '91 535i, unfortunately, warranty will not cover it :-(<p>The hoses are surprisingly expensive, anybody find a good place to buy them?<p>The oil tends to go everywhere and adding clamps below the factory ones makes no difference, makes sense if the fluid is actually seeping out of the hose walls.<p>Adnan<p><i>: Hi E34ers!<p>: Some info to pass along and a question for the group:<p>: I am about to replace the power steering hoses on my '95 540i. Fluid is actually seeping through the body of the hoses due to heat degredation, according to my independent mechanic.<p>: The info I wanted to pass along is the good news: all material and labor is covered under the extended 6 year, 100k mile power train warranty on this car. Of course, I had to figure this out my self and point it out to the dealer, but they now agree that I only have a $50 deductible to pay. I wanted to pass this along since, had I had not carefully read through the warranty papers, I would have ended up paying nearly $500 for the repairs.<p>: Has anyone else has seen similar problems with the PS or other hoses?<p></i>

edward
01-09-1999, 08:03 AM
<i>: Hi E34ers!<p>: Some info to pass along and a question for the group:<p>: I am about to replace the power steering hoses on my '95 540i. Fluid is actually seeping through the body of the hoses due to heat degredation, according to my independent mechanic.<p>: The info I wanted to pass along is the good news: all material and labor is covered under the extended 6 year, 100k mile power train warranty on this car. Of course, I had to figure this out my self and point it out to the dealer, but they now agree that I only have a $50 deductible to pay. I wanted to pass this along since, had I had not carefully read through the warranty papers, I would have ended up paying nearly $500 for the repairs.<p>: Has anyone else has seen similar problems with the PS or other hoses?<p></i><br>My 1991 M5 had a similar problem. The clamp was loose and resulted in leaking. The repair shop tried to replace the clamp but it got loosen again. Then they replaced with a aftermarket hose with little expense. The PS system then runs well afterwards.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index