Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Kiani
01-07-1999, 03:19 AM
<br>What do you think is the better air cleaner setup:<br>1. Replace the stock element with a washable K & N ?<br>2. Replace the whole air cleaner box with a large washable exposed cone type filter?<br>3. Use clean OEM filter as needed?<p>I would assume that the filtration is the same with any of these setups.<br>I would assume that the increase in noise with a cone filter is equal to a mild exhaust system upgrade. <p>What do think?<p>Thank you in advance!

David Chen
01-07-1999, 11:31 AM
Option 3 is your best choice.<p>Option 1 does not increase HP and allows more dirt into the engine.<p>Option 2 reduces HP and allows more dirt into the engine, although it sounds louder.<p>Regards,<p>David<p>

WillO
01-07-1999, 03:55 PM
<i>: Option 3 is your best choice.<p>: Option 1 does not increase HP and allows more dirt into the engine.<p>: Option 2 reduces HP and allows more dirt into the engine, although it sounds louder.<p>: Regards,<p>: David<p></i>

EM
01-07-1999, 04:49 PM
...<p>

Kiani
01-07-1999, 07:58 PM
<i>: : Option 3 is your best choice.<p>: : Option 1 does not increase HP and allows more dirt into the engine.<p>: : Option 2 reduces HP and allows more dirt into the engine, although it sounds louder.<p>: : Regards,<p>: : David<p></i><br>If the K & N washable filters let in more dirt why are they the preferred air cleaner in desert and dirt track racing?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index