Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Fred Meloan
01-07-1999, 10:38 AM
After 10 years and 130,000 miles I have realized that I still have all the original coolant hoses on my E34 525iA. <p>Does anyone have any experiences that would suggest that I need to replace them before one of them starts to leak and cause to me to be stranded on the road.<p>I seem to remember reading somewhere that I should have had them changed at 7 years but I can't remember where it was.<p>Thanks in Advance<p>Fred Meloan

Andy Peavy
01-07-1999, 11:13 AM
I had a pinhole leak in my Upper Radiator Hose. I seem to remember the dealer price on the hose was near $100. It is specially molded and I am unaware of aftermarket versions.<p>So when you start looking, don't faint at the prices.<p>Andy Peavy<br>91 535i<br>email: apeavy@yahoo.com<p><i>: After 10 years and 130,000 miles I have realized that I still have all the original coolant hoses on my E34 525iA. <p>: Does anyone have any experiences that would suggest that I need to replace them before one of them starts to leak and cause to me to be stranded on the road.<p>: I seem to remember reading somewhere that I should have had them changed at 7 years but I can't remember where it was.<p>: Thanks in Advance<p>: Fred Meloan <p></i>

Shawn Anderson
01-07-1999, 11:34 AM
I would replace the upper radiator hose and the 8 inch hose from the water pump to thermostat. I have found aftermarket sources for all of these. I know www.allbmwparts.com has them.<p><p><br><i>: I had a pinhole leak in my Upper Radiator Hose. I seem to remember the dealer price on the hose was near $100. It is specially molded and I am unaware of aftermarket versions.<p>: So when you start looking, don't faint at the prices.<p>: Andy Peavy<br>: 91 535i<br>: email: apeavy@yahoo.com<p>: : After 10 years and 130,000 miles I have realized that I still have all the original coolant hoses on my E34 525iA. <p>: : Does anyone have any experiences that would suggest that I need to replace them before one of them starts to leak and cause to me to be stranded on the road.<p>: : I seem to remember reading somewhere that I should have had them changed at 7 years but I can't remember where it was.<p>: : Thanks in Advance<p>: : Fred Meloan <p></i>

BFD
01-07-1999, 12:03 PM
I raised this issue a few months back on dejanews.com and Brett Anderson recommended that all BMW coolant hoses should be changed by the 7th or 8th year. I am planning to change the hoses on my 90 535i which has only 65,000 miles, but need to find some time. If you plan to change all your hoses, there are about 6 of them. Brett also recommended getting factory or OEM hoses. Goodyear/Gates/Dayco hoses won't last as long. Check out the latest Roundel for vendors who sell OEM parts. Bruce<p>: : : After 10 years and 130,000 miles I have realized that I still have all the original coolant hoses on my E34 525iA. <p>: : : Does anyone have any experiences that would suggest that I need to replace them before one of them starts to leak and cause to me to be stranded on the road.<p>: : : I seem to remember reading somewhere that I should have had them changed at 7 years but I can't remember where it was.<p>: : : Thanks in Advance<p>: : : Fred Meloan <p>

Fred Meloan
01-07-1999, 12:16 PM
<i>: After 10 years and 130,000 miles I have realized that I still have all the original coolant hoses on my E34 525iA. <p>: Does anyone have any experiences that would suggest that I need to replace them before one of them starts to leak and cause to me to be stranded on the road.<p>: I seem to remember reading somewhere that I should have had them changed at 7 years but I can't remember where it was.<p>: Thanks in Advance<p>: Fred Meloan <p></i>

Fred Meloan
01-07-1999, 12:17 PM
:-)

Glen Klym
01-07-1999, 02:59 PM
<i>I very recently priced out hoses here in Canada and was pleasantly surprised that the OEM pricing was better than locally available aftermarket parts. I'd stick with the factory components.<p>Glen<p>E34 '89 535i

Adnan
01-07-1999, 06:33 PM
A colleague of mine found that main hose at Monument Auto Parts for $15. It doesn't have that pretty molded tee but is otherwise an equivalent fit. Don't know about quality but he says it's from one of the major manufacturers.<p>Adnan<p><i>: I had a pinhole leak in my Upper Radiator Hose. I seem to remember the dealer price on the hose was near $100. It is specially molded and I am unaware of aftermarket versions.<p>: So when you start looking, don't faint at the prices.<p>: Andy Peavy<br>: 91 535i<br>: email: apeavy@yahoo.com<p>: : After 10 years and 130,000 miles I have realized that I still have all the original coolant hoses on my E34 525iA. <p>: : Does anyone have any experiences that would suggest that I need to replace them before one of them starts to leak and cause to me to be stranded on the road.<p>: : I seem to remember reading somewhere that I should have had them changed at 7 years but I can't remember where it was.<p>: : Thanks in Advance<p>: : Fred Meloan <p></i>

Adnan
01-07-1999, 06:35 PM
I just got a quote on hoses from the dealer for my '91 535i and there are ten of them. Quite a bundle, dollarwise.<p>Adnan<p><i>: I raised this issue a few months back on dejanews.com and Brett Anderson recommended that all BMW coolant hoses should be changed by the 7th or 8th year. I am planning to change the hoses on my 90 535i which has only 65,000 miles, but need to find some time. If you plan to change all your hoses, there are about 6 of them. Brett also recommended getting factory or OEM hoses. Goodyear/Gates/Dayco hoses won't last as long. Check out the latest Roundel for vendors who sell OEM parts. Bruce<p>: : : : After 10 years and 130,000 miles I have realized that I still have all the original coolant hoses on my E34 525iA. <p>: : : : Does anyone have any experiences that would suggest that I need to replace them before one of them starts to leak and cause to me to be stranded on the road.<p>: : : : I seem to remember reading somewhere that I should have had them changed at 7 years but I can't remember where it was.<p>: : : : Thanks in Advance<p>: : : : Fred Meloan <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index