Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Steve Kubica
01-07-1999, 08:54 PM
My 89 525i outside air temp reads -35F (even in summer). I understand this is the default display when the sensor is inoperative. The computer display will show this temp when the key is turned and I usually press the time button to change that annoying display. Can the computer by-pass the temp sensor? Has anyone had to replace that sensor?<br>Thanks to anyone responding. This forum is the best.<br>

SC
01-07-1999, 09:33 PM
You are right about the faulty outside temperature sensor; and as far as I know, there is no way of by-passing the faulty code unless the new sensor is installed. Fortunately, the sensor is fairly easy to replace. For my 91 525i, it is located inside the left front spoiler (somewhere near the driving light). You could probably purchase the sensor front Bavarian Autosports or BMP or dealer. Installation is very straight forward, just unplug the old one and put the new one in. Hope that helps! :-)

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index