Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Edward
01-09-1999, 08:34 AM
I have 1990 M5 equipped with passenger side mirror which tilts downward when the reverse gear was engaged.<br>However occasionally its doesn't respond. The reverse switch was recently replaced and the reverse indicator lights normally. I suspected there was a faulty control module. Does anybody have experience on this and be able to locate the respective module?<br>Thanks in advance.

Bert
01-09-1999, 06:11 PM
<i>Assuming it's like my 95 540i 6sp, the mirror responds based on the position of the left/right mirror adjustment toggle. I forget which is which but I think that when the toggle is set to adjust the left (driver) mirror, the passenger mirror will move. To turn off the feature, toggle the switch to adjust the passenger window.<p>Or is it Visa Versa?<p>Bert<br></i>

Joe
01-10-1999, 10:47 PM
The mirror switch has to be to the driver's side position in order for it to tilt downward.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index