Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jose
01-09-1999, 09:29 AM
Hi guy, If I install a chip in my E34 94 do I have any problems getting the smog certificate?<p><br>Thanks in advance.<p><br>Jose<br>94 525ia

Kiani
01-11-1999, 04:20 PM
<i>: Hi guy, If I install a chip in my E34 94 do I have any problems getting the smog certificate?<p>: <br>: Thanks in advance.<p>: <br>: Jose<br>: 94 525ia<p></i><br>Make sure the chip you buy has a CARB certification # with it.

kjk
01-11-1999, 07:24 PM
<i>: Hi guy, If I install a chip in my E34 94 do I have any problems getting the smog certificate?<p>: <br>: Thanks in advance.<p>: <br>: Jose<br>: 94 525ia<p></i> I have had my 325i smogged twice with a Dinan chip-no problems. According to Dinan, the smog certification for an aftermarket part is usually just a result of the manufacturer spending the $15k to have it done. If there isn't enough volume in the part, they won't do it. For example, according to Dinan, the cam sprockets for my E34 M5 are not certified but will not cause it to fail a test. By the way, they don't open up the box and check the chip during a smog. If it doesn't pass, just put the original chip back in and have it retested.

01-12-1999, 09:43 PM
<p>: : Hi guy, If I install a chip in my E34 94 do I have any problems getting the smog certificate?<p>: : <br>: : Thanks in advance.<p>: : <br>: : Jose<br>: : 94 525ia<p>: I have had my 325i smogged twice with a Dinan chip-no problems. According to Dinan, the smog certification for an aftermarket part is usually just a result of the manufacturer spending the $15k to have it done. If there isn't enough volume in the part, they won't do it. For example, according to Dinan, the cam sprockets for my E34 M5 are not certified but will not cause it to fail a test. By the way, they don't open up the box and check the chip during a smog. If it doesn't pass, just put the original chip back in and have it retested.<p>Is that easy, just change the chip, just like <br>installing a modem? or something like that?<p><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index