Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Glen
01-11-1999, 05:58 PM
We are mired in the midst of a very unpleasant cold snap, and I'm regretting that my drivers seat 'butt' heating pad is AWOL. Is this an item that can be addressed by the DIY type? I understand that one has to remove the leather from the seat to access the pad, sounds a bit tricky.<p>Anyone performed this job?<p>Thanks,<br>Glen<br>'89 E34 535i

slc1230
01-11-1999, 10:40 PM
I have done this job a lot of times, but that was while working as a BMW tech. I think this job is a little tough for the average or above average do it yourselfer. You have to pull the seat (not real bad), remove the seat rail and then the fun begins. The leather is held on to rails in the foam with hog rings, you have to clip these all off and then replace them. All in all not a real fun job even for someone who works on the cars professionally.<br>SLC1230

Mitch
01-12-1999, 12:30 PM
I had a problem with the heating element in my E39 5-er. The dealer doesn't do this work -- it was sent it out to some upholstery shop. When I got the car back, the seat trim (where the power seat controls are) was cracked and gouged, but the new element seems to warm a little faster, and warmer than the original. <br><i>: I have done this job a lot of times, but that was while working as a BMW tech. I think this job is a little tough for the average or above average do it yourselfer. You have to pull the seat (not real bad), remove the seat rail and then the fun begins. The leather is held on to rails in the foam with hog rings, you have to clip these all off and then replace them. All in all not a real fun job even for someone who works on the cars professionally.<br>: SLC1230<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index