Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

G Lafontant
01-12-1999, 03:25 AM
I have 89 525i, I experienced some problems with the battery on that vehicle. It was after wasting a lot of time and money, I found it was the altenator that wasn't doing its job. After a lot of cable boosting this car, I noticed that CODE display message on the OBC of the car turns to a PPPP display, where no time/date is not shown, nor any buttons work in this thing. If any had experienced or knowledgeable about this problem. Can anyone kindly drop me an email on the best/simplest/cheapest way on solving this problem.<p>Someone also told me, one way of going about it, is to disconnect the computer for 24hrs in order to reset itself off. If that is the only solution or a possible solution. Is that safe to do? Can tampering with the car's computer could wind up erasing the chip setup? If not, what's the safest way of going about it w/o damaging any other components in the car?<p>G (89 525i)

David Chen
01-12-1999, 01:21 PM
If you don't want to disconnect the battery, you can always pull the radio and just unplug the OBC.<p>Cheers,<p>David<p><i>: I have 89 525i, I experienced some problems with the battery on that vehicle. It was after wasting a lot of time and money, I found it was the altenator that wasn't doing its job. After a lot of cable boosting this car, I noticed that CODE display message on the OBC of the car turns to a PPPP display, where no time/date is not shown, nor any buttons work in this thing. If any had experienced or knowledgeable about this problem. Can anyone kindly drop me an email on the best/simplest/cheapest way on solving this problem.<p>: Someone also told me, one way of going about it, is to disconnect the computer for 24hrs in order to reset itself off. If that is the only solution or a possible solution. Is that safe to do? Can tampering with the car's computer could wind up erasing the chip setup? If not, what's the safest way of going about it w/o damaging any other components in the car?<p>: G (89 525i)<p></i>

Paul
01-16-1999, 11:47 AM
Removing the computer unit from the dash should clear this problem as the computer will reset itself to the cars settings. It will not damage any chip etc.. I had a similar problem on my E34 535i and the BMW service center did this with no problems.<p>Paul.C.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index