Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Kiani
01-12-1999, 05:24 PM
I am experiencing rear suspension noise on low speed (20-50mph) bumpy surfaces in my 91 525 (it has 90K miles on it). It is kind of a thumping sound when the wheel goes over a bump. It gets worse if Iím on the brakes lightly. If I had to guess it sounds like a rubber mount on the rear strut is shot some where. If anyone has had a similar problem I would love to hear form you on what it took to fix it.<p>Thanks,<br>

Johnny
01-12-1999, 06:08 PM
Me too, but i lowered my car on eibachs on stock shocks and struts. I haven't fixed it and would be interested in how to fix it. <br><i>: I am experiencing rear suspension noise on low speed (20-50mph) bumpy surfaces in my 91 525 (it has 90K miles on it). It is kind of a thumping sound when the wheel goes over a bump. It gets worse if Iím on the brakes lightly. If I had to guess it sounds like a rubber mount on the rear strut is shot some where. If anyone has had a similar problem I would love to hear form you on what it took to fix it.<p>: Thanks,<p></i>

Kyle
01-12-1999, 08:42 PM
I had the same problem at 100k. I replaced the leaking shocks and it solved the problem. If you plan on keeping the car I recommend heavy duty bilsteins. Also check the bolt going into the rear trailing arm from the shock, and the shock mounting bolts behind the rear seat. If you have after market springs with factory shock they will over-heat causing them to wear out faster.<p>Kyle

g. adams
01-12-1999, 10:41 PM
I have a 90 735i. Had all new struts put on and had a slight knocking noise over slight bumps. Turned out to be bad rear strut mounts. They are about $30 each and you will need to remove the strut to replace. Not hard to remove. Just take out back seat. remove strut and take down to a tire shop to have the mount installed on the strut. <br>: Me too, but i lowered my car on eibachs on stock shocks and struts. I haven't fixed it and would be interested in how to fix it. <br>: : I am experiencing rear suspension noise on low speed (20-50mph) bumpy surfaces in my 91 525 (it has 90K miles on it). It is kind of a thumping sound when the wheel goes over a bump. It gets worse if Iím on the brakes lightly. If I had to guess it sounds like a rubber mount on the rear strut is shot some where. If anyone has had a similar problem I would love to hear form you on what it took to fix it.<p>: : Thanks,<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index