Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mike
01-14-1999, 02:54 PM
Hi, I have an '90 524TD and some troubles with the electrical door-locking - sometimes it works and sometimes not. Does anyone know where to get a wiring scheme for that?<p>Thanks in advance<br>Mike<br>

Callan
01-16-1999, 05:11 PM
The U.S. spec cars from that prod. date time had problems with both the "general module" and the "relay module" but I need to know the cars' sypmtoms before we go any further. Do the locks pop back up after you lock/unlock the car. Is it only in one mode[i.e. - just when you want to lock the car but not unlock?] There's also a small inexp. 4 pin relay that provides power to the general module. However you should also lose power to the sunroof and power windows{if you have elec. windows} if this relay is acting up. So send some details and I'll try to help but I have to warn you that I don't have access to any Euro ETM's {you did say '90 524td right}

mike
01-17-1999, 08:48 AM
<i>: However you should also lose power to the sunroof and power windows{if you have elec. windows} if this relay is acting up. So send some details and I'll try to help but I have to warn you that I don't have access to any Euro ETM's </i><p>The only lock which makes troubles is the one in the tailgate. There were several wires broken in the cable harness there - I've fixed 8 wires.<br>It looks like a loose contact. The locks in the other doors work well. Maybe a bad key-switch?<br>- Which pins should I check?<p>

Callan
01-17-1999, 10:39 PM
Is this car a sedan or a touring/wagon? The tourings have a problem with a microswitch or two acting up in the rear hatch so lets define the model first. Thanks..

Mike
01-19-1999, 03:10 PM
I have a sedan.<br>Hm, I'll take a look/service to the microswitches... I think thats a good idea from you. *thanx*<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index