Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Don
01-17-1999, 05:52 PM
I continually loose fluid from the windshield washer reservoir. I have checked it and it does not <br>appear to be cracked anywhere. In addition, I have replaced the rubber grommet that the <br>pump shaft goes through three times. None of this has helped, the container empties itself in <br>about seven days.<p>Does anyone have any suggestions?<p>Thanks <p>Don

Dennis Jeong
01-18-1999, 04:59 AM
<i>: I continually loose fluid from the windshield washer reservoir. I have checked it and it does not <br>: appear to be cracked anywhere. In addition, I have replaced the rubber grommet that the <br>: pump shaft goes through three times. None of this has helped, the container empties itself in <br>: about seven days.<p>: Does anyone have any suggestions?<p>: Thanks <p>: Don<p></i><p>Had the same problem, it's the pump leaking.

Taft
01-19-1999, 04:38 PM
I had a similar problem with my 530i- it turned out to be a small crack that was opening up at the attachment point (where the stud is). When I tightened the nut it caused the leak, but you couldn't see it when you took the tank off. Some silicone around the crack and a washer under the tank mounting post to relieve the strain fixed me up.<p>Taft<br>94 530i, 68K<br>: I continually loose fluid from the windshield washer reservoir. I have checked it and it does not <br>: appear to be cracked anywhere. In addition, I have replaced the rubber grommet that the <br>: pump shaft goes through three times. None of this has helped, the container empties itself in <br>: about seven days.<p>: Does anyone have any suggestions?<p>: Thanks <p>: Don<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index