Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Chris Trittenbass
01-18-1999, 04:41 AM
I have a 1990 525i auto. When I rapidly take my foot off the gas peddle between about 20-60km, there is a clunk sound coming form under the car. Does anybody know what this could be. I havn't noticed aby problems with my transmission. Could it be the flex plate separating the tranny and the differential? aany insight into the problem would be greatly appreciated!<br>

GA
01-18-1999, 09:06 AM
I had a similar experience on an '84 Ford a number of years ago. It turned out to be a broken flywheel, but I don't know that yours would be that serious (especially since your tranny is made slightly better than those in old Fords :) ). Anyway, it happened to me at any speed, and there was a noticeable loss of power and other noises (like rattling at idle). Do you have these symptoms?<p><br><i>: I have a 1990 525i auto. When I rapidly take my foot off the gas peddle between about 20-60km, there is a clunk sound coming form under the car. Does anybody know what this could be. I havn't noticed aby problems with my transmission. Could it be the flex plate separating the tranny and the differential? aany insight into the problem would be greatly appreciated!<p></i>

Howard
01-18-1999, 09:14 AM
<i>: I have a 1990 525i auto. When I rapidly take my foot off the gas peddle between about 20-60km, there is a clunk sound coming form under the car. Does anybody know what this could be. I havn't noticed aby problems with my transmission. Could it be the flex plate separating the tranny and the differential? aany insight into the problem would be greatly appreciated!<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index