Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Joe Volpe
01-20-1999, 03:35 PM
1992 E34's did not com with Ellipsiod head lights.<br>Can Ellipsiod lights be put in? If so, is it a simple swap out? What is involved. The parts cost about $90 each from Bav Auto.<p>Any input will be appreciated.<p>Joe

BMWenthus
01-20-1999, 09:29 PM
<i>: 1992 E34's did not com with Ellipsiod head lights.<br>: Can Ellipsiod lights be put in? If so, is it a simple swap out? What is involved. The parts cost about $90 each from Bav Auto.<p>: Any input will be appreciated.<p>: Joe<p></i><p>It is a simple changeover but it requires a different headlight mounting bracket then comes on your model year.<br>The mounting bracket I'm refering to is the one that holds both your low and high beam lens. <br>The simplest way is to salvage the parts from a '89 and some '90 5 series cars...you can also use '88 7 series. I'm not 100% sure of the cut over on the 7 series, but you might find that '89 or '90 might work as well.<br>One way to find out is call your local BMW dealer parts department and ask for the part number for the bracket from your car and then ask for a 7 series car.<p>The light elements are a bayonet mount and are the same wattage so you can reuse your existing bulbs.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index