Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Nick South
01-21-1999, 01:59 AM
Hi, I'm looking for a 94 or 95 station wagon, and I'd like to know if anyone thinks one of those years is better, or if there are any advantages to one engine over the other. I know the 530 will be a bit quicker and thirstier, but any other info?<br>Thanks,<br>Nick

Taft
01-21-1999, 10:04 AM
Just be aware that the original engine in the 530 has had compression problems in many cars (including mine) and BMW has a campaign to replace it with a newer engine with a different alloy if required. I would NOT but a 530 without getting a dealer to do what is called a "leakdown test". That being said, I am more than happy with the new (free) engine, but you should be aware of the issue. Look around on the web and you will find lots of info on the 530/540 engine replacement issue.<p>taft<br>94 530i, 68K<p>: Hi, I'm looking for a 94 or 95 station wagon, and I'd like to know if anyone thinks one of those years is better, or if there are any advantages to one engine over the other. I know the 530 will be a bit quicker and thirstier, but any other info?<br>: Thanks,<br>: Nick<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index