Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

KBP
01-21-1999, 01:01 PM
Dear All,<br> I am considering in getting the 540iA as I posted earlier. Well, anyway I want to know what other costs (beside the price of the car+options+destination charge) I have to pay beside taxes. Anyway I was looking at http://www.carpoint.com auto pricer for the 540iA and when I select the Sport package option, they said I have to add somehting $2000 for the gas guzzler tax (w/o the sport package I do not have to pay the gas tax) I do not understand this at all. Does the sport pkg lowered the mpg of the car that much??? One more question does anyone knows how many % of sales tax I have to pay (I live in VA)<p>Thank you very much for Your response,<br>KBP.

Scott Taylor
01-22-1999, 01:36 AM
<br><i>: Dear All,<br>: I am considering in getting the 540iA as I posted earlier. Well, anyway I want to know what other costs (beside the price of the car+options+destination charge) I have to pay beside taxes. Anyway I was looking at http://www.carpoint.com auto pricer for the 540iA and when I select the Sport package option, they said I have to add somehting $2000 for the gas guzzler tax (w/o the sport package I do not have to pay the gas tax) I do not understand this at all. Does the sport pkg lowered the mpg of the car that much??? One more question does anyone knows how many % of sales tax I have to pay (I live in VA)<p>: Thank you very much for Your response,<br>: KBP.<p></i>Maybe the xtra 2000 is bumping you into the<br>"luxury-tax bracket? not necessarily due to gas<br>consumption?Also some states have lower sales taxes and it can be worthwhile to make the trip to save thousands-..seems my dad did that when buying a motorhome-I think he bought it in Washington<br>(state).Also...have you checked out the possibility of buying it overseas? Sometimes it's cheaper...and even if it's a wash...you might get <br>a free trip and a fun visit to the factory...??<br>...maybe drive it on the Autobahn??? YA..??

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index