Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Paul H.
01-22-1999, 05:55 AM
My '90 535i seems to hesitate slightly on light throttle, say at 60km/h (40mph).<p>I had an inspection II recently (new plugs, valve clearances,etc) and got the injectors cleaned and engine de-carbonized last week. I've also been progressively checking and replacing suspect vacuum hoses.<p>No problems at all on full throttle.<p>Any suggestions? Idle control valve?<p>Paul.<br>

Shawn Anderson
01-22-1999, 11:12 AM
Just a guess, but you might want to look at the 02 sensor.<p><br><i>: My '90 535i seems to hesitate slightly on light throttle, say at 60km/h (40mph).<p>: I had an inspection II recently (new plugs, valve clearances,etc) and got the injectors cleaned and engine de-carbonized last week. I've also been progressively checking and replacing suspect vacuum hoses.<p>: No problems at all on full throttle.<p>: Any suggestions? Idle control valve?<p>: Paul.<p></i>

Callan
01-23-1999, 12:19 AM
I agree with checking the O2 sensor for correct op. If it's really out it would have set a "check engine" light but the older models are not set up to be "hypersensitive" on regulating the fuel system feedback they provide like the '96 and later cars with before and after cat. conv. O2 sensors. Also make sure the dist. cap and rotor are clean and that the camshaft seal inside isn't throwing any oil onto the contacts of the ign. parts. Hope this helps....

Paul H.
01-23-1999, 10:08 PM
<i>: I agree with checking the O2 sensor for correct op. If it's really out it would have set a "check engine" light but the older models are not set up to be "hypersensitive" on regulating the fuel system feedback they provide like the '96 and later cars with before and after cat. conv. O2 sensors. Also make sure the dist. cap and rotor are clean and that the camshaft seal inside isn't throwing any oil onto the contacts of the ign. parts. Hope this helps....<br></i><p>I will check the O2 sensor.<p>The sensor in my 535 is apperently located in the cat. convertor. How difficult are these to replace?<p>Paul.<br>

Callan
01-23-1999, 11:34 PM
It helps on some cars to lower the back of the exhaust system if things are too tight to gain alittle clearance. use penetrating oil to help loosen a rusted O2 sensor

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index