Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Adnan
01-22-1999, 12:35 PM
Hi,<p>Thought I'd pass this along: Over the weekend I changed out the fluids in my '91 535i (5-speed).<p>For the gearbox I used Redline D4ATF and for the final drive Redline 75W90 gear oil.<p>I have to say that I was surprised by the improvement this brought about. The shifter is better defined and crisper, the synchros seem to match up faster and overall driveline noise has dropped very noticeably.<p>No affiliation, just pleased as punch.<p>Adnan

Bill Mitchell
01-22-1999, 07:31 PM
Speaking of Red Line fluids, I too have D4ATF in my six speed, and 80W-90 in the diff. Soon after replacing the diff fluid, I started noticing a wet spot on the garage floor under where the diff is when parked. I checked and found there was WAY too much fluid in the case, so I drained down to the bottom of the fill plug. I had hoped this would fix the leak, but it is still there. I seem to remember someone on the digest mentioning something about synthetics being more prone to leaks, and this may be my problem. I cannot yet locat where the fluid is coming from, and it is a very small amount, because in two or three weeks there is not a puddle, just a sheen of oil where it has leaked onto the concrete. Any suggestions would be welcome as to possible fixes. <br>: Hi,<p>: Thought I'd pass this along: Over the weekend I changed out the fluids in my '91 535i (5-speed).<p>: For the gearbox I used Redline D4ATF and for the final drive Redline 75W90 gear oil.<p>: I have to say that I was surprised by the improvement this brought about. The shifter is better defined and crisper, the synchros seem to match up faster and overall driveline noise has dropped very noticeably.<p>: No affiliation, just pleased as punch.<p>: Adnan<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index