Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

D
02-09-2000, 02:59 PM
I would like to upgrade my rear brakes any suggestions (cheap)

Brewster
02-09-2000, 06:02 PM
<i>: I would like to upgrade my rear brakes any suggestions (cheap)<p>Go to www.ultimategarage.com<br>Steve D'Geronimo has an excellent FAQ on big brakes upgrades. He has both his big brake upgrade kit (Porsche/Movit - Big Bucks (~$2800+) and also has recommendations on upgrading using existing BMW parts, i.e., regular 5 series can upgrade their brakes using 750 calipers front (~$750) and 540i rear calipers.

brake upgrades for M5.
02-10-2000, 10:51 AM
<i>: : I would like to upgrade my rear brakes any suggestions (cheap)<p>: Go to www.ultimategarage.com<br>: Steve D'Geronimo has an excellent FAQ on big brakes upgrades. He has both his big brake upgrade kit (Porsche/Movit - Big Bucks (~$2800+) and also has recommendations on upgrading using existing BMW parts, i.e., regular 5 series can upgrade their brakes using 750 calipers front (~$750) and 540i rear calipers. <p></i>

Rod...
02-11-2000, 02:07 AM
<i>: I would like to upgrade my rear brakes any suggestions (cheap)<p></i>Euro 1995 M5 has the 328x20mm rotors. Because the rear caliper piston is 40mm which is the same as the stock caliper the Euro caliper and 328mm rotor will not change the brake bias. The larger rotor will only add to the cooling capacity of the rear brakes. The 328mm rotor is also to large for the stock 300mm dust/splash shield. The Euro 95 M5 dust/splash shield cost $125 each plus $90 for the axle bearing to replace the shield. Cutting the stock dust shield is the only other option but leaves the outer edge of the rotor exposed to dirt and grit which will accelerate the rotor and pad wear. I installed the larger Euro dust shields with my upgrade.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index