Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Alberto
02-16-2000, 03:58 AM
Hello ///M5er's,<p>I was in Seattle this last weekend and noticed a healthy population of BMW's. 3er's, 5's, 7's and a few M3's. Here's what was a disgrace. I saw two "normal" E34 5 series that had ///M5 badges on trunk lid.(They had chrome wheels too.) <p>Now, I know that this is the greatest form of flattery to the true M5's, but it does not give a good image the real M5's. These are special automobiles with caring owners that take pride in the machines that are referred to as their "baby."<p>If you know someone who has put the ///M badge on a fake, tell him that it is much "cooler" to have the original designation on the car and to modify it with wheels, supension, etc. Then we will all appreciate that this owner is proud of his car, rather than one who is trying to portray the image of what it is not.<p>Thanks,<br>Alberto.

jfe
02-16-2000, 01:19 PM
Respectfully, it only costs $20 to get the fake! Give me your M5, then I won't have to fake it! :-)<p>JFE, Sunnvale, CA<br>'95 540 6-speed w/ throwing star wheels<br>(NOT ///M5 badged)

Eric Carnell
02-18-2000, 02:53 PM
<i>: Hello ///M5er's,<p>: I was in Seattle this last weekend and noticed a healthy population of BMW's. 3er's, 5's, 7's and a few M3's. Here's what was a disgrace. I saw two "normal" E34 5 series that had ///M5 badges on trunk lid.(They had chrome wheels too.) <p>: Now, I know that this is the greatest form of flattery to the true M5's, but it does not give a good image the real M5's. These are special automobiles with caring owners that take pride in the machines that are referred to as their "baby."<p>: If you know someone who has put the ///M badge on a fake, tell him that it is much "cooler" to have the original designation on the car and to modify it with wheels, supension, etc. Then we will all appreciate that this owner is proud of his car, rather than one who is trying to portray the image of what it is not.<p>: Thanks,<br>: Alberto. <p></i>

e
02-18-2000, 02:54 PM
<i>: Hello ///M5er's,<p>: I was in Seattle this last weekend and noticed a healthy population of BMW's. 3er's, 5's, 7's and a few M3's. Here's what was a disgrace. I saw two "normal" E34 5 series that had ///M5 badges on trunk lid.(They had chrome wheels too.) <p>: Now, I know that this is the greatest form of flattery to the true M5's, but it does not give a good image the real M5's. These are special automobiles with caring owners that take pride in the machines that are referred to as their "baby."<p>: If you know someone who has put the ///M badge on a fake, tell him that it is much "cooler" to have the original designation on the car and to modify it with wheels, supension, etc. Then we will all appreciate that this owner is proud of his car, rather than one who is trying to portray the image of what it is not.<p>: Thanks,<br>: Alberto. <p></i>

steve
02-20-2000, 12:23 PM
<

eric
02-21-2000, 01:57 AM
<i>: Hello ///M5er's,<p>: I was in Seattle this last weekend and noticed a healthy population of BMW's. 3er's, 5's, 7's and a few M3's. Here's what was a disgrace. I saw two "normal" E34 5 series that had ///M5 badges on trunk lid.(They had chrome wheels too.) <p>: Now, I know that this is the greatest form of flattery to the true M5's, but it does not give a good image the real M5's. These are special automobiles with caring owners that take pride in the machines that are referred to as their "baby."<p>: If you know someone who has put the ///M badge on a fake, tell him that it is much "cooler" to have the original designation on the car and to modify it with wheels, supension, etc. Then we will all appreciate that this owner is proud of his car, rather than one who is trying to portray the image of what it is not.<p>: Thanks,<br>: Alberto. <p></i>our local parts department refuses to sell M stuff without a VIN #. that is how it should be. By the way the front ///M3 symbol for my car was $45 not $20. just my $.02<br>Eric<br>88M3

WOW!
02-22-2000, 02:58 AM
<i>: Hello ///M5er's,<p>: I was in Seattle this last weekend and noticed a healthy population of BMW's. 3er's, 5's, 7's and a few M3's. Here's what was a disgrace. I saw two "normal" E34 5 series that had ///M5 badges on trunk lid.(They had chrome wheels too.) <p>: Now, I know that this is the greatest form of flattery to the true M5's, but it does not give a good image the real M5's. These are special automobiles with caring owners that take pride in the machines that are referred to as their "baby."<p>: If you know someone who has put the ///M badge on a fake, tell him that it is much "cooler" to have the original designation on the car and to modify it with wheels, supension, etc. Then we will all appreciate that this owner is proud of his car, rather than one who is trying to portray the image of what it is not.<p>: Thanks,<br>: Alberto. <p><br></i>

JFE
02-23-2000, 07:11 PM
www.circlebmw.com sold me the rear ///M trunk logo for $20. It'll look great on my IBM ThinkPad.<p>John

Tim Collins
02-25-2000, 03:25 AM
Did I see you driving down San Antonio in Mountain View about 2 weeks ago??? <p><br>Just curious,<p>Tim Collins<br>'90 535i 5-speed, the usual mods (I was the white car that kept weaving thru traffic to check out your rims! =P)

Tim Collins
02-25-2000, 03:25 AM
Did I see you driving down San Antonio in Mountain View about 2 weeks ago??? <p><br>Just curious,<p>Tim Collins<br>'90 535i 5-speed, the usual mods (I was the white car that kept weaving thru traffic to check out your rims! =P)

changers like you - Drex (e)
02-26-2000, 07:13 PM
<i>: : Hello ///M5er's,<p>: : I was in Seattle this last weekend and noticed a healthy population of BMW's. 3er's, 5's, 7's and a few M3's. Here's what was a disgrace. I saw two "normal" E34 5 series that had ///M5 badges on trunk lid.(They had chrome wheels too.) <p>: : Now, I know that this is the greatest form of flattery to the true M5's, but it does not give a good image the real M5's. These are special automobiles with caring owners that take pride in the machines that are referred to as their "baby."<p>: : If you know someone who has put the ///M badge on a fake, tell him that it is much "cooler" to have the original designation on the car and to modify it with wheels, supension, etc. Then we will all appreciate that this owner is proud of his car, rather than one who is trying to portray the image of what it is not.<p>: : Thanks,<br>: : Alberto. <p><br></i>

R8R4ˮ
02-27-2000, 02:51 AM
<i>: www.circlebmw.com sold me the rear ///M trunk logo for $20. It'll look great on my IBM ThinkPad.<p>: John<p></i>LMAO

R8R4ˮ
02-27-2000, 03:21 AM
</i>So what does that make us unbadged E34's with the M Aerodynamics Kit, wing, suspention, etc. etc. I don't agree with those who put the "M" badge to falsely represent the "M" class but You couldn't tell my 89 535i from and 89 M5. I don't try to fake people into thinking it's and M5 but they most likely think it is. I don't have the 535i badge because it wasn't on the car when I bought it. The original owner bought the car and added the optional "M" kit, wing, suspention, anti-sway and strees bars. He must have removed the badge when he had it painted. So I hope if you see me out there I'm just representing the E34 in style. Keep it real!<br>Larry Cordova<br>89 535i

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index