Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

garry
04-05-2000, 04:15 PM
My battery is slowly dying (i.e. slower cranking speed in the morning). This battery is made by Interstate and I have it for 4+ years now. Does any body knows who else in the US manufactures battery for this car? How about Sears DieHard, AC Delco batteries? Should I go back to the BMW dealer and buy OEM battery? The OEM battery only has 2 years warranty.<br>

KJK
04-06-2000, 11:57 AM
<i>: My battery is slowly dying (i.e. slower cranking speed in the morning). This battery is made by Interstate and I have it for 4+ years now. Does any body knows who else in the US manufactures battery for this car? How about Sears DieHard, AC Delco batteries? Should I go back to the BMW dealer and buy OEM battery? The OEM battery only has 2 years warranty.<p></i>fit fine but make sure you don't crush the vent tube when installing. The vent is in the middle of the battery so it barely reached to the tube that leads outside but it did. The hold down clamp comes down on top of the vent opening but if you kind of slide the clamp over as you tighten you can avoid pinching the vent. It took me all of 1/2 hour to do it. BTW, $99.00.

BMWenthus
04-08-2000, 05:47 AM
Regarding your question .... <br>I found that the cost of the factory battery from the dealer was that same as Sears and had a two year warranty... Sears, and I not sure why, said only one year warranty.<p>The decision was easy.<br>BTW, I'm told that the BMW battery is made by Interstate.<p><p><br><i>: My battery is slowly dying (i.e. slower cranking speed in the morning). This battery is made by Interstate and I have it for 4+ years now. Does any body knows who else in the US manufactures battery for this car? How about Sears DieHard, AC Delco batteries? Should I go back to the BMW dealer and buy OEM battery? The OEM battery only has 2 years warranty.<p><br></i>

Steve B.
04-09-2000, 01:47 AM
Just bought "blemished" but new MTP-93 interstate battery (has vent pipe) for $25.95 !! from Interstate warehouse/distributor... They sell to the general public... limited warranty (90days full, 18mos prorated...but WTH!!!)<p>Steve B.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index