Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Kris
01-14-1999, 03:54 PM
Parked my car next to a sprinkler here at work. Now I can't get the water spots off. Tried Meguiars Polish, tried the Wax, tried vinegar. Nothing works. Spots are sitting on 6 coats of wax. I will never make that mistake again.<p>Black 328is

Ken K
01-14-1999, 04:14 PM
Last spring the office park turned on the sprinklers for the first time in months, soaking the front of my car. The spots that were left behind looked like brown mud, and wouldn't come off no matter what I tried. The good news is that after about 5 or 6 washes (and a cleaner/polish/wax job) they faded away. I tried to force the office park to pay for a detailing, but to no avail. Keep washing your car and the spots should come off eventually.<p>Ken K.<br>'95 325iC, nice and shiny black<br>

Steve
01-14-1999, 09:27 PM
<i>: Parked my car next to a sprinkler here at work. Now I can't get the water spots off. Tried Meguiars Polish, tried the Wax, tried vinegar. Nothing works. Spots are sitting on 6 coats of wax. I will never make that mistake again.<p>: Black 328is<p></i>

...bill
01-15-1999, 01:07 PM
<i>Get hold of some "3M Imperial Hand Glaze". It's a *mild* abrasive that will not only remove your water spots, but will also make your paint shine like a mirror. After using, it'll look like the best wax job you've ever seen. This is due to the smoothing and polishing of the paint surface from this product. Be careful, this isn't wax; it's just a surface restorer. You'll need to apply a good coat of quality wax after using the glaze. <br>Don't worry, it doesn't hurt the paint<p>Another tip. Apply the glaze and wax with straight back and forth strokes (not circles). This will minimize old fine swirl marks. Try to follow the airflow if you can.<p>You may have to get the hand glaze through mail order if you you can't get it locally. Don't settle for a 2nd best product; this is the best.<p>...bill (shiny black 94 325iC)<br>p.s. Black cars ARE brutal to keep pretty<br></i>

Steve
01-15-1999, 02:09 PM
Hey Bill, do you follow it up with Blitz wax? I'm aware of this combo--3M Imperial Hand Glaze w/Blitz. I'm using Meguiar's #7 polish and #26 wax. I'm trying to decide which combo is better. The Meguiar's #7/#26 or the 3M/Blitz.<p>Steve<br>98 E36<p><br><i>: Get hold of some "3M Imperial Hand Glaze". It's a *mild* abrasive that will not only remove your water spots, but will also make your paint shine like a mirror. After using, it'll look like the best wax job you've ever seen. This is due to the smoothing and polishing of the paint surface from this product. Be careful, this isn't wax; it's just a surface restorer. You'll need to apply a good coat of quality wax after using the glaze. <br>: Don't worry, it doesn't hurt the paint<p>: Another tip. Apply the glaze and wax with straight back and forth strokes (not circles). This will minimize old fine swirl marks. Try to follow the airflow if you can.<p>: You may have to get the hand glaze through mail order if you you can't get it locally. Don't settle for a 2nd best product; this is the best.<p>: ...bill (shiny black 94 325iC)<br>: p.s. Black cars ARE brutal to keep pretty<p></i>

Steve
01-15-1999, 02:25 PM
I hope you used their professional products (they are in tan containers and all have number designators). The #9 should have worked--it can take out scratches.<p>Steve<br>98 e36<p><br><i>: Parked my car next to a sprinkler here at work. Now I can't get the water spots off. Tried Meguiars Polish, tried the Wax, tried vinegar. Nothing works. Spots are sitting on 6 coats of wax. I will never make that mistake again.<p>: Black 328is<p></i>

Kris
01-15-1999, 05:32 PM
Used #7, will try #9, then Blitz Wax.<p><br></i>

Preston
01-15-1999, 06:40 PM
<i>: Hey Bill, do you follow it up with Blitz wax? I'm aware of this combo--3M Imperial Hand Glaze w/Blitz. I'm using Meguiar's #7 polish and #26 wax. I'm trying to decide which combo is better. The Meguiar's #7/#26 or the 3M/Blitz.<p>: Steve<br>: 98 E36<p>: <br>: : Get hold of some "3M Imperial Hand Glaze". It's a *mild* abrasive that will not only remove your water spots, but will also make your paint shine like a mirror. After using, it'll look like the best wax job you've ever seen. This is due to the smoothing and polishing of the paint surface from this product. Be careful, this isn't wax; it's just a surface restorer. You'll need to apply a good coat of quality wax after using the glaze. <br>: : Don't worry, it doesn't hurt the paint<p>: : Another tip. Apply the glaze and wax with straight back and forth strokes (not circles). This will minimize old fine swirl marks. Try to follow the airflow if you can.<p>: : You may have to get the hand glaze through mail order if you you can't get it locally. Don't settle for a 2nd best product; this is the best.<p>: : ...bill (shiny black 94 325iC)<br>: : p.s. Black cars ARE brutal to keep pretty<p></i>

...bill
01-16-1999, 09:19 PM
Blitz works fine. I'm happy with it.<p>...bill

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index