Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Crashed///M3
09-18-1999, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know what the MSRP of the car will be? guessing is ok.

dot
09-18-1999, 04:07 PM
<i>: Does anyone know what the MSRP of the car will be? guessing is ok.<p></i>

GWC
09-19-1999, 05:57 AM
You don't know how lucky you are with USA pricing and delivery. The United Kingdom is an island in more ways than one. The E46 M3 is shaping up to be the UK pound equivalent of >70K$. The now obsolete E36 M3 coupe was just over 60K$ but with a lowish spec i.e. you needed to spend another 5K$ on top to have leather, full climate and a few bits and pieces. Hopefully the rise in price for the E46 will be partly justified by a sensible standard specification.<p>I placed my order and deposit some months ago but I don't expect to see the car in right hand drive until early 2001.<p>The M5 costs circa 100K$ in the UK and is sold out for 2+ years.<p>The flip side to the restricted availability is good residual values for cars in high demand.<p>Patience is a virtue.<p>gwc<p>

Paul E
09-20-1999, 03:46 PM
<i>: Does anyone know what the MSRP of the car will be? guessing is ok.<p></i> See, here's one thing I dont understand...all along, we (in the usa) have been told that the reason we never got the 320 hp Euro version is that it would have to be priced too hight for what our market will pay. Now, I think we can all admit that 340 hp is ALOT more than 240 hp, and in spite of that large difference, the engineers were good enough to give us an M3 which could match the Euro one in 0-60 times all day long...And since we legally cant go much faster than that, it sounded like a decent trade off to us...0-60 in 5.5 sec for a Bmw for under $40K..No wonder they sold so well....Now, do we all mean to say that they did all this engineering to get us a 240 hp M3 which runs 0-60s as fast as the 320 hp version, all to save just, say, $5000 - $7000? I dont think so...As a matter of fact, I've heard that they'd have to sell the Euro version here for close to $60K.<p>Ok, so now comes a bonafide 340 hp version for us as well. All of a sudden, they're gong to be able to price this in the $40s? How? If that were the case, we'd have gotten the Euro version. If not, why? And anybody who says its cause of US ****ty gas is full of it. Its strictly economics. My hunch, then, is a base price of $51K, and with the way most of us buy them, about $55K. Read it and weep.

Guess. Hope its less! Jason L
09-20-1999, 07:14 PM

esp RS4,Bora,Lexus?? Rick Key
09-21-1999, 10:28 AM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index