Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jason L
09-18-1999, 11:50 PM
but the logic of the design is makeing me question that. The V hood and "Power bump" also the widder fender flairs lead me to think V8. Has any ome seen the engine?

will any one buy M3 for $60000??
09-19-1999, 01:28 AM
I don't think they put V8 .... is I6<p>too much labor and works to put V8<br>into small car and it's too heavy ,...<br>and V8 will have less handling and braking<br>unless they spend more $$$ on brakes and suspantion to bring up to at least $60000<p>see how much M5 sold ...............<p>too too expansive ...<p>BMW needs to consider the market...<p><i>: but the logic of the design is makeing me question that. The V hood and "Power bump" also the widder fender flairs lead me to think V8. Has any ome seen the engine? <p></i>

Jason L
09-19-1999, 02:02 AM
<i>I guess to draw up more enthuseasum by the suspence.<p><br>: I don't think they put V8 .... is I6<p>: too much labor and works to put V8<br>: into small car and it's too heavy ,...<br>: and V8 will have less handling and braking<br>: unless they spend more $$$ on brakes and suspantion to bring up to at least $60000<p>: see how much M5 sold ...............<p>: too too expansive ...<p>: BMW needs to consider the market...<p>: : but the logic of the design is makeing me question that. The V hood and "Power bump" also the widder fender flairs lead me to think V8. Has any ome seen the engine? <p></i>

Uhm, No
09-19-1999, 03:16 PM
Hi<p>>>into small car and it's too heavy ,...<br>and V8 will have less handling and braking<<<p> No. Alpina has already done it for years w/E36 B8. Weighs ~same as cast iron block/al head I-6 b/c it's ALL ALUMINUM. <br> Doesn't matter what "news" reports are; the E46 M3 will be a V8.<p>Larry<br>

andre
09-19-1999, 11:36 PM
<br>I recently popped in to my dealership to get work done on my car and asked the dealer if they knew anything about the m3 engine, said it most likely will be an eight banger, but was nerve wracked on how to sell the m5 then, but said their maybe 2 levels, m3 i6, and "super3" with an eight. He was personally hoping for a 6 to make his job easier. <p>my.005 worth.<p>

Larry
09-20-1999, 11:10 PM
Hi<p>>>the m3 engine, said it most likely will be an eight banger, but was nerve wracked on how to sell the m5 then, but said their maybe 2 levels, m3 i6, and "super3" with an eight<<<p> Right-O about the 8, wrong-O about the "super3". Anyway, BMW doesn't tell their salesman JACK SH*IT until the car goes on sale.<p>Larry

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index