Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

ADVANT
09-19-1999, 07:14 AM
This article was taken straight from www.edmunds.com :<p>2000 BMW M3<br>FRANKFURT - Making its official world debut at Frankfurt, the all-new M3, based on the new E46 platform, will offer several visual cues to distinguish it from the standard-issue 3 Series models. Flared wheel arches, a power dome on the hood, four tail pipes and extra-wide tires give the next M an imposing and purposeful look. The glossy metal satin color of the show car further emphasized the M3's presence in the BMW display. <p>A six-cylinder with double-VANOS valve technology, individual throttle butterflies and over 320 horsepower will make this the most powerful M3 yet. Larger, more powerful disc brakes and typically magical M3 suspension should combine to create a new standard in the performance-coupe class.<br> <p>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<p>

Seriously
09-19-1999, 03:39 PM
Hehe-<p> Dude- guess what? They did NOT look under the hood. It's gonna be a V8, ma main man.<br> Do you really think they have any clue what they're talking about? Reaaally.<p>Larry

Domin'
09-19-1999, 03:43 PM
<i>Again,<p>>>2000 BMW M3<br>FRANKFURT....a power dome on the hood,....<<<p> Hmmm. Wunder why datz dere?<p>Sloopy<br></i>

JasonB
09-19-1999, 06:31 PM
Uhh a Eclipse has a power dome, even on the 4 bangers!<p>: >>2000 BMW M3<br>: FRANKFURT....a power dome on the hood,....<<<p>: Hmmm. Wunder why datz dere?<p>: Sloopy<p></i>

Larry
09-19-1999, 07:58 PM
Heheee!<p>>>Eclipse has a power dome, even on the 4 bangers!<<<p> Whoa ho ho hahaaa!!! Yeah, and that's definately comparable...<p>Larry

Even more serious...
09-20-1999, 12:43 AM
<i>: Hehe-<p>: Dude- guess what? They did NOT look under the hood. It's gonna be a V8, ma main man.<br>: Do you really think they have any clue what they're talking about? Reaaally.<p>: Larry<p></i><p>That's what they said...<p>"A sneak preview of the future of a fascinating sports machine: keenly anticipated by cognoscenti, the third-generation M3 sees first light at the IAA. A show car equipped with all the unmistakable characteristics of the world's most powerful letter: from the M sports suspension to the athletic M design. Chrome and metal, muscular and extravagant. Secrecy surrounds it for the moment, but this much is already clear: <b> the powerful heart of the new M3 is a high-performance 6-cylinder engine with double VANOS and other technical highlights.</b> And one thing is apparent at first sight: the unique aura of an authentic BMW M."<p>

Bassem
09-20-1999, 12:27 PM
The "dome" you speak off in the eclipse was the only way they could clear the belts off of the engine in that tiny engine bay. My buddy has the last year GSX. Really frign small compartment<p>bassem

What's the hold up 320HP vs 340HP???
09-20-1999, 01:25 PM
<i>: This article was taken straight from www.edmunds.com :<p>: 2000 BMW M3<br>: FRANKFURT - Making its official world debut at Frankfurt, the all-new M3, based on the new E46 platform, will offer several visual cues to distinguish it from the standard-issue 3 Series models. Flared wheel arches, a power dome on the hood, four tail pipes and extra-wide tires give the next M an imposing and purposeful look. The glossy metal satin color of the show car further emphasized the M3's presence in the BMW display. <p>: A six-cylinder with double-VANOS valve technology, individual throttle butterflies and over 320 horsepower will make this the most powerful M3 yet. Larger, more powerful disc brakes and typically magical M3 suspension should combine to create a new standard in the performance-coupe class.<br>: <p>: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------<p></i>

They're technically right
09-20-1999, 02:35 PM
<i>: : This article was taken straight from www.edmunds.com :<p>: : 2000 BMW M3<br>: : FRANKFURT - Making its official world debut at Frankfurt, the all-new M3, based on the new E46 platform, will offer several visual cues to distinguish it from the standard-issue 3 Series models. Flared wheel arches, a power dome on the hood, four tail pipes and extra-wide tires give the next M an imposing and purposeful look. The glossy metal satin color of the show car further emphasized the M3's presence in the BMW display. <p>: : A six-cylinder with double-VANOS valve technology, individual throttle butterflies and over 320 horsepower will make this the most powerful M3 yet. Larger, more powerful disc brakes and typically magical M3 suspension should combine to create a new standard in the performance-coupe class.<br>: : <p>: : --------------------------------------------------------------------------------<p></i>

larry
09-20-1999, 10:24 PM
Yeah,<p> But that's b.s., unless they've found a way to make it weigh the same as E36 M3. <br> Anyway, it will be a V8- don't trust info about a show car whose engine no one was allowed to see.<p>Larry

JasonB
09-22-1999, 10:15 AM
<i>: Yeah,<br>You are a freakin IDIOT! BMW has released MULTIPLE statements saying that it will be a 6.<p>Your a dork. "No, its going to be their 12cylinder engine in the M3, nobodys seen under the hood! Dont trust anything BMW says!" Again, you DORK.<p>: But that's b.s., unless they've found a way to make it weigh the same as E36 M3. <br>: Anyway, it will be a V8- don't trust info about a show car whose engine no one was allowed to see.<p>: Larry <p></i>

Jason L
09-22-1999, 01:22 PM
Don't forget that Car and Driver has reported that it will be a 340bhp I6 and that a V8 car had been built, but it was only a prototype and could see production aout a YEAR after the new M3 is released!

Larry
09-26-1999, 01:26 AM
Dude-<p> You possess the writing acumen of a low-moron. <br>Anyhew, if BMW can make the car weigh ~ same as E36, ONLY THEN could it be an I6. Unless, of course, they want to release a slower M3. <br> If the car weighs 3400+, to wich all indications point, it have a V8.<p>P.S. "Your a dork", you ninny. Are some of you people X-popping teenie-boppers? I just don't know how else to explain some of these posts... ???<p>Larry

Nursemaid
09-26-1999, 12:34 PM
Coochie-coo, baby-boo:<p>>>"No, its going to be their 12cylinder engine in the M3, nobodys seen under the hood! Dont trust anything BMW says!" <<<p> Hey, 13-year-old: are you qouting me? I never said anything about a V12, you pre-pubescent wannabe. <p>Get bent(once u get some hair on dem nards),<p>Larry

Nursemaid
09-26-1999, 12:35 PM
Coochie-coo, baby-boo:<p>>>"No, its going to be their 12cylinder engine in the M3, nobodys seen under the hood! Dont trust anything BMW says!" <<<p> Hey, 13-year-old: are you quoting me? I never said anything about a V12, you pre-pubescent wannabe. <p>Get bent(once u get some hair on dem nards),<p>Larry

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index