Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mike V
09-23-1999, 06:59 AM
Can anyone tell me if the 330 (3.0 litre) bimmer coming to the States in 2000????? and if so, how do you know.

Bruce
09-23-1999, 07:14 AM
<i>: Can anyone tell me if the 330 (3.0 litre) bimmer coming to the States in 2000????? and if so, how do you know. </i><p>yes....because i do, trust me :-)

JeffD
09-23-1999, 08:30 AM
<i>: : Can anyone tell me if the 330 (3.0 litre) bimmer coming to the States in 2000????? and if so, how do you know. <p>: yes....because i do, trust me :-)<p></i>my lease on my e36 ends in December. If I extended my lease by 8 months so that it ends in July, do you think the 330 would be available by then?

J
09-23-1999, 08:53 AM
Is that the maximum that you can extend a lease? I always thought it was 6 months.<p>My lease ends in August 2000 and I was planning on extending it 6 months, and I'm STILL concerned that the 330 won't be out yet.<p>Actually I have a feeling that no matter when I get my next BMW the 330 will be released the day after!<p><p><i>: : : Can anyone tell me if the 330 (3.0 litre) bimmer coming to the States in 2000????? and if so, how do you know. <p>: : yes....because i do, trust me :-)<p>: my lease on my e36 ends in December. If I extended my lease by 8 months so that it ends in July, do you think the 330 would be available by then?<p></i>

JeffD
09-23-1999, 09:52 AM
<i>: Is that the maximum that you can extend a lease? I always thought it was 6 months.<p>: My lease ends in August 2000 and I was planning on extending it 6 months, and I'm STILL concerned that the 330 won't be out yet.<p>: Actually I have a feeling that no matter when I get my next BMW the 330 will be released the day after!<p><br>: : : : Can anyone tell me if the 330 (3.0 litre) bimmer coming to the States in 2000????? and if so, how do you know. <p>: : : yes....because i do, trust me :-)<p>: : my lease on my e36 ends in December. If I extended my lease by 8 months so that it ends in July, do you think the 330 would be available by then?<p>i wasn't sure what the maximum extension was. if it's only 6 months then i guess i'm in the same boat as you. have you thought of buying it out at the end and selling it when the 330 becomes available?<br></i>

J
09-23-1999, 12:23 PM
No, I hadn't thought about that. I would have to take a look at the numbers but I'm sure it won't figure out in my favor after including sales tax, registration, $ loss when I resell it and never mind the time involved in trying to sell the car.<p>I just hope BMW gets their butt in gear and gets the car on the streets before next August.<p><i>: <br>: i wasn't sure what the maximum extension was. if it's only 6 months then i guess i'm in the same boat as you. have you thought of buying it out at the end and selling it when the 330 becomes available?<p></i>

seems to know everything about 330.
09-23-1999, 01:40 PM
<i>: No, I hadn't thought about that. I would have to take a look at the numbers but I'm sure it won't figure out in my favor after including sales tax, registration, $ loss when I resell it and never mind the time involved in trying to sell the car.<p>: I just hope BMW gets their butt in gear and gets the car on the streets before next August.<p>: : <br>: : i wasn't sure what the maximum extension was. if it's only 6 months then i guess i'm in the same boat as you. have you thought of buying it out at the end and selling it when the 330 becomes available?<p></i>

Bruce
09-23-1999, 02:07 PM
<i>: my lease on my e36 ends in December. If I extended my lease by 8 months so that it ends in July, do you think the 330 would be available by then?</i><p>the 3L in the X5 was suppose to appear in April, but that was when the X5 V8 was supposed to be out in October (it had been delayed to December). Will it move 3L entry back to the summer? I haven't heard. But I DO know a 3L X5 was seen at the factory earlier this month. The 3L is scheduled for intro in the Z3 next summer, but not sure exactly when "next summer" is. If my <a href="http://www.bimmer.org/5series/messages/archive/msgsy1998w51/9486.html">preliminary 2000 MY info</a> I posted last December holds true (which 95% of the info has) the 2000 Z3 2.8 ends prod in May 2000. I would guess the 3L will go into Z3 prod in June. What does that mean for the E46? *shrug* I have no hard and fast dates on intro due to there being delays in the emissions systems of the car. BMW is trying to get the engine to meet the 2003 (?) California emission rules which mandate 50% of all manufacturers cars sold be SULEV compliant (which is the goal for the 3L) or 10% be ZEV (and BMW has no plans for a ZEV car at this time AFAIK).<p>Hopes this makes things clearer.<p>

J
09-23-1999, 02:19 PM
Thanks!<p><br><i>: : my lease on my e36 ends in December. If I extended my lease by 8 months so that it ends in July, do you think the 330 would be available by then?<p>: the 3L in the X5 was suppose to appear in April, but that was when the X5 V8 was supposed to be out in October (it had been delayed to December). Will it move 3L entry back to the summer? I haven't heard. But I DO know a 3L X5 was seen at the factory earlier this month. The 3L is scheduled for intro in the Z3 next summer, but not sure exactly when "next summer" is. If my <a href="http://www.bimmer.org/5series/messages/archive/msgsy1998w51/9486.html">preliminary 2000 MY info</a> I posted last December holds true (which 95% of the info has) the 2000 Z3 2.8 ends prod in May 2000. I would guess the 3L will go into Z3 prod in June. What does that mean for the E46? *shrug* I have no hard and fast dates on intro due to there being delays in the emissions systems of the car. BMW is trying to get the engine to meet the 2003 (?) California emission rules which mandate 50% of all manufacturers cars sold be SULEV compliant (which is the goal for the 3L) or 10% be ZEV (and BMW has no plans for a ZEV car at this time AFAIK).<p>: Hopes this makes things clearer.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index