Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Michael@Cutter
09-23-1999, 11:18 PM
... because I've tried calling you for the last 20 mins! Anyway, can you get into A4.org right now? I seem to be locked out!<p>To any-one else, sorry for using bimmer.org as a personal communication tool. I'll answer any questions any-one may have (gulp) to compensate y'all.<p>Thanks, Michael

Henry
09-23-1999, 11:37 PM
<i>: ... because I've tried calling you for the last 20 mins! Anyway, can you get into A4.org right now? I seem to be locked out!<p>: To any-one else, sorry for using bimmer.org as a personal communication tool. I'll answer any questions any-one may have (gulp) to compensate y'all.<p>: Thanks, Michael<p></i><p><br>I'm installing a set of oil pressure/temp as well as amp guages and would like to unhook the battery leads before I perform this task. Do I loose all the programmed functions afterwards. Also will my CD head unit function because my old BMW has to have to anti-theft code entered again.

Michael
09-23-1999, 11:51 PM
<i>: : ... because I've tried calling you for the last 20 mins! Anyway, can you get into A4.org right now? I seem to be locked out!<p>: : To any-one else, sorry for using bimmer.org as a personal communication tool. I'll answer any questions any-one may have (gulp) to compensate y'all.<p>: : Thanks, Michael<p><br>: <br>: I'm installing a set of oil pressure/temp as well as amp guages and would like to unhook the battery leads before I perform this task. Do I loose all the programmed functions afterwards. Also will my CD head unit function because my old BMW has to have to anti-theft code entered again.<p><br></i>Hi Henry, you must have a few miles on yours by now, it must be at that "Every-thing's starting to feel really good stage! (engine performance wise). Any way, I assume you mean "car-and-key" settings, and that certainly has me scratching my head! Your new car's radio does not require the code input like the old car's (theory is, your old one has a "DIN-E" size radio (like an industry standard) and so it could be stolen and installed in pretty-much any car, new one has an "E46 only shape"). But, ... it would seem logical / likely that, yes, the car-and-key setting will return to default upon complete loss of power. However, I this may not be the case, so I'll check for you tomorrow and let you know!<br>Having said that, I'm sure some-one watching has found themselves disconnecting said battery and will post with their experience !!!<br>Thanks Henry! - Michael

Henry
09-24-1999, 12:07 AM
<i>: : : ... because I've tried calling you for the last 20 mins! Anyway, can you get into A4.org right now? I seem to be locked out!<p>: : : To any-one else, sorry for using bimmer.org as a personal communication tool. I'll answer any questions any-one may have (gulp) to compensate y'all.<p>: : : Thanks, Michael<p>: <br>: : <br>: : I'm installing a set of oil pressure/temp as well as amp guages and would like to unhook the battery leads before I perform this task. Do I loose all the programmed functions afterwards. Also will my CD head unit function because my old BMW has to have to anti-theft code entered again.<p>: <br>: Hi Henry, you must have a few miles on yours by now, it must be at that "Every-thing's starting to feel really good stage! (engine performance wise). Any way, I assume you mean "car-and-key" settings, and that certainly has me scratching my head! Your new car's radio does not require the code input like the old car's (theory is, your old one has a "DIN-E" size radio (like an industry standard) and so it could be stolen and installed in pretty-much any car, new one has an "E46 only shape"). But, ... it would seem logical / likely that, yes, the car-and-key setting will return to default upon complete loss of power. However, I this may not be the case, so I'll check for you tomorrow and let you know!<br>: Having said that, I'm sure some-one watching has found themselves disconnecting said battery and will post with their experience !!!<br>: Thanks Henry! - Michael<p></i><p><br>My is all broken in and I also had the suspension dialed in. Now it really hooks up. I tried some auto-xing and it handles like a go-cart. It might lack some horse, and that's going to be my next project.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index