Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

- $500? $1k?
09-29-1999, 11:28 AM
<i><br>what if you change your mind? <br>Can you still get your money back? <br>What if you can only afford 45k and it comes out to be like 55k or something? <br>how does the whole ordering works? Do you get whatever they BMW sends them or you can actually pick your own colors for the ext and int? Please explain in detail how the whole waitlist thing works!!<p><br></i>

Caesar
09-29-1999, 11:49 AM
The money just let's the dealer know that you are serious. What I got from Momentum in Houston was this:<br>The money guarantees you a spot in the ordering process.<br>They are not taking orders yet. When the time comes BMW will send out a memo requesting the dealer's order. At that time they'll tell you what your options are in terms of Color, interior, options, etc.<p>In their own words they told me "just make sure that you don't order something that we can't sell in case you decided that you don't want it." (i.e. yellow with green interior, you get the idea). <p>So if you are short on cash or whatever your reason is then the next person in line has the option of buying your car. Meaning the next person that wants one that didn't get to put in their order.<p>The car is in very high demand so the dealer won't loose it anyway. And if a dealer tells you that the down is non-refundable then they are just a bunch of cheap bastards and you shouldn't be buying from them anyway.<p>Hope that helped.<p>Caesar<p><br><i>: <br>: what if you change your mind? <br>: Can you still get your money back? <br>: What if you can only afford 45k and it comes out to be like 55k or something? <br>: how does the whole ordering works? Do you get whatever they BMW sends them or you can actually pick your own colors for the ext and int? Please explain in detail how the whole waitlist thing works!!<p><br></i>

Louis
09-29-1999, 01:49 PM
: what if you change your mind? <br>: Can you still get your money back? <p>Hopefully your deposit is refundable.<p><br>: What if you can only afford 45k and it comes out to be like 55k or something? <p>MSRP is out of our control. Just save for the worst-case scenario. You have a year. :-) <p><br>: how does the whole ordering works? Do you get whatever they BMW sends them or you can actually pick your own colors for the ext and int? Please explain in detail how the whole waitlist thing works!!<p>After giving your deposit, your name will be placed on a list of prospective buyers. At some point BMW will tell the dealer what their allocation of E46 M3's will be for that year. About 90 days prior to production, you will actually order the car, built to your specifications. <p><br></i>

Faris
09-29-1999, 02:10 PM
<i><br>Thanks for the info.<br>Also, would one be able to say I want to pick it up in Germany, Euro Delivery?<br>If so, could one also request options (or gadgets like the headlight washer thingy) not available in the US?<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index