Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Rick in Colorado
10-02-1999, 06:18 PM
I am about to order 18" BBSs for my new '00 540iA. I'm trying to decide between the RSIIs and the RCs. The major difference that I'm (internally) debating is the ease of maintenance. The RSII are my favorites, but they're multi-piece, meaning that they have titanium fastners all around the rim - much like the BBS-made BMW wheels (like style #42 or #5). The RCs are one piece with no bolts/fastners. Does anyone have exerperience with the amount of effort required to clean around those fastners? I have a couple of wheel brushes for the spokes, so I'm not wooried about those.<p>Rick<br>'00 540iA (week 42 production)<br>'00 Audi TT<br>'99 Lexus LX-470 (I live at 8,000')

Moe
10-02-1999, 09:01 PM
<br>I have 17inch BBS RS II's on my E46. <p>They are easy to clean with a typical wash mit, just need to take a few minutes to push the mit into each screw to get the brake dust out. Pretty easy. <p>Highly recommend them. They look MUCH more aggressive then the RC's. <p>Bought minue from Eddie at the TireRack. Very helpful. <p>I am running S-02 PP's for tires.<p>-moe<p><i>: I am about to order 18" BBSs for my new '00 540iA. I'm trying to decide between the RSIIs and the RCs. The major difference that I'm (internally) debating is the ease of maintenance. The RSII are my favorites, but they're multi-piece, meaning that they have titanium fastners all around the rim - much like the BBS-made BMW wheels (like style #42 or #5). The RCs are one piece with no bolts/fastners. Does anyone have exerperience with the amount of effort required to clean around those fastners? I have a couple of wheel brushes for the spokes, so I'm not wooried about those.<p>: Rick<br>: '00 540iA (week 42 production)<br>: '00 Audi TT<br>: '99 Lexus LX-470 (I live at 8,000')<p><br></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index