Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

HANS SNICHER
10-06-1999, 09:53 PM
Gentlemen:<p>Just because you are #1 on the list doesn't mean you will receive the 1st car available. It only means you are in line to receive one. The dealer including the owner most likely will get 1 before you in addition the hot shot business man will pay an overage (typically 10% above MRSP) cash to the dealer for being one of the 1st ones to drive the elite car on the roads. Its kind of like waiting in line to get into a club/bar - hype thats all.<br>>><br>For those that aren't uptodate with the noise surrounding the release of the Z3 at the time. Dealers would advertise brand new cars that they knew were on their way in the newspaper at overages above MRSP. Sell price / List Price / MRSP is the suggested selling price. The dealer can charge whatever they feel is the market price at the time. Domestic car buyers <bless their soles> ala Ford add a tremendous amount of additional price for miscellaneous items such as detailing, advertising etc. etc. This is basically the same but formatted differently in presentation.<p>BE PREPARED TO STEP ON TO THE PLATE AND PAY EXTRA DOLLARS IF YOU WANT TO DRIVE THE FIRST FEW THAT ARRIVE. WHAT THEY SAY NOW DOESN'T INCLUDE WHAT THEY WILL SAY LATER. ITS STILL EARLY AND THE HYPE WILL BUILD. I have a friend in Germany that says this E46 will be the best SPORTS CAR available on the market PERIOD at any price. Get on the list so you will be able to drive one in the first year eventhough I don't recommend the Year I model - based on price, reliability <proven from BMW past> and future resale value. Wait til Year II...<p>Good evening..<p>HANS<br>

Ray Koch
10-07-1999, 11:47 AM
<i>: Gentlemen:<p>: Just because you are #1 on the list doesn't mean you will receive the 1st car available. It only means you are in line to receive one. The dealer including the owner most likely will get 1 before you </i><p>I don't think thats true. If you can sell a car at MSRP to the public thats what you do. Few dealers/owners would pass up the profit potential just to get one first. Business is business. <p><i> in addition the hot shot business man will pay an overage (typically 10% above MRSP) cash to the dealer </i> <p>It is a general rule that BMW dealers do not sell above MSRP. Ask the M5 buyers, I have heard no stories of them paying more than MSRP and that is a more limited production (and more highly sought) car. In addition most BMW buyers are loyal to the brand and expect to be treated fairly. I'm not saying that it can't or won't happen, but I think it will be very rare.<p><i> for being one of the 1st ones to drive the elite car on the roads. </i><p>The M3 is not an elite car. I see them on the road all the time and price-wise they really mid-market. Ferrari's and Lamborghini's, now those are elite cars.<p><i> : BE PREPARED TO STEP ON TO THE PLATE AND PAY EXTRA DOLLARS IF YOU WANT TO DRIVE THE FIRST FEW THAT ARRIVE. WHAT THEY SAY NOW DOESN'T INCLUDE WHAT THEY WILL SAY LATER. ITS STILL EARLY AND THE HYPE WILL BUILD. </i><p>MSRP is all that you'll pay and a $500 deposit gets you in line. Each dealership gets a certain allotment and if you're first in line you'll get the first M3 they get. This was confirmed by my dealer who has been very honest with me in the past. <p><i> I have a friend in Germany that says this E46 will be the best SPORTS CAR available on the market PERIOD at any price. </i><p>Now that's hype. I believe it will be an incredible car, but I won't go that far.<p><i>Get on the list so you will be able to drive one in the first year eventhough I don't recommend the Year I model - based on price, reliability <proven from BMW past> and future resale value. Wait til Year II...</i><p>I'll wait for a number of reasons. First, I'll wait to see what the car really looks like and drives like in person. Second, there *might* be a few bugs to shake out. Third, I really rather not pay MSRP. Good things come to those who wait.<p><i><br>: Good evening..<p>: HANS<p></i>

javier
10-07-1999, 02:37 PM
Here is what happens...<p>You get on the list, get your respective car at MRSP.<br>You are not in the list or way back you have to wait a long time to get your car paying MRSP.<p>The 10% above MRSP that you are talking about is the business the person who bought does.<p>There are many people who buy the car just to make a profit out of it. They know the car is so hot that they can't go wrong. What they do is, they buy the car and sell it 10% above of what they paid to a person who wants the car BADLY.<p>So, I think your statement goes for those who are not yet in the list and want the car AS SOON AS IT IS AVAILABLE and are willing to pay extra $.<p>what to you think?<p>javier<br>'00 323Ci<br>sport<br>HK<br>in dash CD<br>(aluminum trim)<br>

Harvey
10-07-1999, 08:46 PM
<i>: Gentlemen:<br>Not true if you do bizz w/honest dealers. My dealer in Denver is 1st rate.I got 1st 95 E36 and will get 1st E46 and won't pay over sticker.If any one is concerned have a contract drawn up and get it signed by an officer of your dealers corp.If they balk, find another honest dealer. <br>: Just because you are #1 on the list doesn't mean you will receive the 1st car available. It only means you are in line to receive one. The dealer including the owner most likely will get 1 before you in addition the hot shot business man will pay an overage (typically 10% above MRSP) cash to the dealer for being one of the 1st ones to drive the elite car on the roads. Its kind of like waiting in line to get into a club/bar - hype thats all.<br>: >><br>: For those that aren't uptodate with the noise surrounding the release of the Z3 at the time. Dealers would advertise brand new cars that they knew were on their way in the newspaper at overages above MRSP. Sell price / List Price / MRSP is the suggested selling price. The dealer can charge whatever they feel is the market price at the time. Domestic car buyers <bless their soles> ala Ford add a tremendous amount of additional price for miscellaneous items such as detailing, advertising etc. etc. This is basically the same but formatted differently in presentation.<p>: BE PREPARED TO STEP ON TO THE PLATE AND PAY EXTRA DOLLARS IF YOU WANT TO DRIVE THE FIRST FEW THAT ARRIVE. WHAT THEY SAY NOW DOESN'T INCLUDE WHAT THEY WILL SAY LATER. ITS STILL EARLY AND THE HYPE WILL BUILD. I have a friend in Germany that says this E46 will be the best SPORTS CAR available on the market PERIOD at any price. Get on the list so you will be able to drive one in the first year eventhough I don't recommend the Year I model - based on price, reliability <proven from BMW past> and future resale value. Wait til Year II...<p>: Good evening..<p>: HANS<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index