Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Interested M
10-08-1999, 08:28 PM
I've been seeing a lot of people referring to ordering BMW cars through Europe, hence "Euro Delivery". However, I'm unfamiliar with this and didn't know that one could do it. So does anybody out there had any experiences with this method of purchase? How does the process work? Is it difficult to purchase and then get the car here...pros/cons?<p>Thanks very much

dave
10-09-1999, 12:39 AM
It's really very easy to do. Just ask the dealer to hook you up with the salesperson who has the most experience as there are a number of forms to fill out. Everything is done at the dealership.<br>Pros:<br>save money on base price of the car<br>drive on the autobahn<br>us spec/warranty<br>factory tour<br>same destination charge as US delivery<p>Cons:<br>approx 8 week lead time needed<br>paid for 1 month prior to delivery date<br>new models not immediately available (e.g. coupe not available for Euro delivery as of 10/99)<br>difficult to arrange if you need to trade in a car...6-8 weeks until your car returns to US<p>I'm picking a 328 up on 10/25/99 in Munich<p><i>: I've been seeing a lot of people referring to ordering BMW cars through Europe, hence "Euro Delivery". However, I'm unfamiliar with this and didn't know that one could do it. So does anybody out there had any experiences with this method of purchase? How does the process work? Is it difficult to purchase and then get the car here...pros/cons?<p>: Thanks very much<p></i>

much do you mean?? eom
10-09-1999, 03:23 PM
<i>: It's really very easy to do. Just ask the dealer to hook you up with the salesperson who has the most experience as there are a number of forms to fill out. Everything is done at the dealership.<br>: Pros:<br>: save money on base price of the car<br>: drive on the autobahn<br>: us spec/warranty<br>: factory tour<br>: same destination charge as US delivery<p>: Cons:<br>: approx 8 week lead time needed<br>: paid for 1 month prior to delivery date<br>: new models not immediately available (e.g. coupe not available for Euro delivery as of 10/99)<br>: difficult to arrange if you need to trade in a car...6-8 weeks until your car returns to US<p>: I'm picking a 328 up on 10/25/99 in Munich<p>: : I've been seeing a lot of people referring to ordering BMW cars through Europe, hence "Euro Delivery". However, I'm unfamiliar with this and didn't know that one could do it. So does anybody out there had any experiences with this method of purchase? How does the process work? Is it difficult to purchase and then get the car here...pros/cons?<p>: : Thanks very much<p></i>

DavidL
10-09-1999, 05:54 PM
The financing just has to be set up. You can pay cash of course or BMW can finance. I did mine through my credit union. Leasing is also an option. Basically you will end up making 2-3 payments before your car arrives in the US.<p><i>: : It's really very easy to do. Just ask the dealer to hook you up with the salesperson who has the most experience as there are a number of forms to fill out. Everything is done at the dealership.<br>: : Pros:<br>: : save money on base price of the car<br>: : drive on the autobahn<br>: : us spec/warranty<br>: : factory tour<br>: : same destination charge as US delivery<p>: : Cons:<br>: : approx 8 week lead time needed<br>: : paid for 1 month prior to delivery date<br>: : new models not immediately available (e.g. coupe not available for Euro delivery as of 10/99)<br>: : difficult to arrange if you need to trade in a car...6-8 weeks until your car returns to US<p>: : I'm picking a 328 up on 10/25/99 in Munich<p>: : : I've been seeing a lot of people referring to ordering BMW cars through Europe, hence "Euro Delivery". However, I'm unfamiliar with this and didn't know that one could do it. So does anybody out there had any experiences with this method of purchase? How does the process work? Is it difficult to purchase and then get the car here...pros/cons?<p>: : : Thanks very much<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index