Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

mpm
10-09-1999, 11:47 PM
how the ///M3 crowd views the Audi S4. Sorry in advance, if this board refrains from opinions and points-of-view.

NB
10-10-1999, 09:28 AM
Even though it has more tuning potential than any BMW, is easier to drive, is better looking, and can be driven flat out in a monsoon. And they don't view it as competition to the M3...which it really isn't. The mags say the S4 is in a class of its own, and I agree. The S4 is more family-oriented, while the M3 is driver-oriented. And having driven both an S4 and an E36 M3, the S4 is more enjoyable, and less likely to be driven by performance poseurs. Unfortunately, most M3s seem to be driven by spoiled rich kids who don't really know their potential. M3 is an awesome machine, but it's not the Ultimate Driving Machine anymore. It's just one of a group now.<p>Flame suit on...

bsc
10-11-1999, 09:27 PM
<i>: how the ///M3 crowd views the Audi S4. Sorry in advance, if this board refrains from opinions and points-of-view.<p></i>It is a fun car...and great value for the price of a 328i..i am getting one until my '01 M3 comes in (if not longer). It will not really be in the same league as the E46 M3 though...too different cars entirely. The new M3 will have more of a 'super car' status i imagine. I don't see why any M3 owner truly would hate the new S4...i could be wrong though.

bsc
10-11-1999, 09:27 PM
<i>: how the ///M3 crowd views the Audi S4. Sorry in advance, if this board refrains from opinions and points-of-view.<p></i>It is a fun car...and great value for the price of a 328i..i am getting one until my '01 M3 comes in (if not longer). It will not really be in the same league as the E46 M3 though...too different cars entirely. The new M3 will have more of a 'super car' status i imagine. I don't see why any M3 owner truly would hate the new S4...i could be wrong though.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index