Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Amit
10-17-1999, 08:55 PM
I have recently visited my local BMW dealer and was shocked by a 328 ci (coupe) that looked amazing with these cleared lenses in the front and back, 17 inch five spoke alloys, full body kit (deep front spoiler like the m5, aero mirrors like the e36 m3, flush rear wing, 2 exhaust exits) i am talking the works. All the black trim on the car had been painted the body color, titanium silver. The sticker was 43g's with 6 thousand going towards teh body kit and sport package that includes the rims an lowered suspension, I was so impressed i was tempted to trade my 98 740 iL on the spot. The car was very amazing an the dealer said that it would be a good indication of the next m3 which would be essentially the same design but with much wider fenders and probably 18. He also told me that the early indication was for the engine to be a 3.2 L six cylinder producing 350 b.h.p. If this is all true i might have to get on the waiting list now an actally part with my 7. jsut felt like sharing, this kit is completely different than the one offered for the e46 sedan.

KC325
10-17-1999, 10:28 PM
Just read the blurb in the latest issue of Bimmer magazine which said BMW told them at the frankfurt show that it would have an enlarged version of the 3.2L E36 EURO M3 engine. HP was not yet specified. <p>KC

Evan...(nt)
10-18-1999, 01:29 AM
<i>: I have recently visited my local BMW dealer and was shocked by a 328 ci (coupe) that looked amazing with these cleared lenses in the front and back, 17 inch five spoke alloys, full body kit (deep front spoiler like the m5, aero mirrors like the e36 m3, flush rear wing, 2 exhaust exits) i am talking the works. All the black trim on the car had been painted the body color, titanium silver. The sticker was 43g's with 6 thousand going towards teh body kit and sport package that includes the rims an lowered suspension, I was so impressed i was tempted to trade my 98 740 iL on the spot. The car was very amazing an the dealer said that it would be a good indication of the next m3 which would be essentially the same design but with much wider fenders and probably 18. He also told me that the early indication was for the engine to be a 3.2 L six cylinder producing 350 b.h.p. If this is all true i might have to get on the waiting list now an actally part with my 7. jsut felt like sharing, this kit is completely different than the one offered for the e46 sedan. <p></i>

e
10-18-1999, 12:26 PM
<i>: I have recently visited my local BMW dealer and was shocked by a 328 ci (coupe) that looked amazing with these cleared lenses in the front and back, 17 inch five spoke alloys, full body kit (deep front spoiler like the m5, aero mirrors like the e36 m3, flush rear wing, 2 exhaust exits) i am talking the works. All the black trim on the car had been painted the body color, titanium silver. The sticker was 43g's with 6 thousand going towards teh body kit and sport package that includes the rims an lowered suspension, I was so impressed i was tempted to trade my 98 740 iL on the spot. The car was very amazing an the dealer said that it would be a good indication of the next m3 which would be essentially the same design but with much wider fenders and probably 18. He also told me that the early indication was for the engine to be a 3.2 L six cylinder producing 350 b.h.p. If this is all true i might have to get on the waiting list now an actally part with my 7. jsut felt like sharing, this kit is completely different than the one offered for the e46 sedan. <p></i>

Chris
10-18-1999, 02:55 PM
www.leo.nutz.de I can not get to his site today. He took about 5 pictures at the Frankfurt Auto Show. It is vrey nice looking. Try the site when it is up. It is a personal site and should have a BMW choice tha tshows oictures (must scroll down he has his car and many others at top.)<p>My salesman told me it is a 3.4 liter engine. Will have horspepower around 340 and torque around 285 pounds. BMW is estimating 0-60 around mid 4s and quartermile around a flat 13.<p>Sounds like it will be slightly faster than a C5 Corvette.<p>I get strange looks almost keeping up with C5s in my M Roadster. Can't wait for the looks when I blow by them in a new M3.<p><br>

Stan
10-18-1999, 07:31 PM
<<Will have horspepower around 340 and torque around 285 pounds. BMW is estimating 0-60 around mid 4s and quartermile around a flat 13.>><p>I though that the euro m3 with a 320 + hp 3.2 (vs 340 hp 3.4) did 0-60 roughly the same as the US version. I thought that the acceleratio a t high speeds was much better than the US model though. I think that in the best case th new model will weigh the same as the E36 version if not more. Mid 4s seems unlikely. Can you give more information?<p>Stan

amit
10-18-1999, 10:26 PM
the dealer where i saw this beauty was Rallye Motors of Roslyn, located in Long Island NY

Ray Koch
10-19-1999, 11:02 AM
<i>: I though that the euro m3 with a 320 + hp 3.2 (vs 340 hp 3.4) did 0-60 roughly the same as the US version. I thought that the acceleratio a t high speeds was much better than the US model though. I think that in the best case th new model will weigh the same as the E36 version if not more. Mid 4s seems unlikely. Can you give more information?<p>: Stan<br></i><br>You're right in that the Euro M3 is much better at high speeds (over 100mph) than the US M3. As for 0-60 times, the Euro has about a 0.3 sec advantage. Geared differently, I think you can sacrifice some of that top end for better low end acceleration. I agree that mid-4s is pretty optimistic (although I would love it) so I would put it 4.7-5.1 interval.<br>

VrooM\\\
10-20-1999, 01:42 PM
Mid 4s is Viperville (except 1/4 mile). I don't think the M3 platform (E30-E46) is really geared towards getting a muscle car performance from the gun... more like performance through handling and ample torque where it's needed. <p>.02 worth<p>Although if the E46 gets sub five I might consider trading in my beloved 99 E36 M3! Good things come to those who wait -hehe.

Richard Peterson
10-20-1999, 08:58 PM
<i>: : I though that the euro m3 with a 320 + hp 3.2 (vs 340 hp 3.4) did 0-60 roughly the same as the US version. I thought that the acceleratio a t high speeds was much better than the US model though. I think that in the best case th new model will weigh the same as the E36 version if not more. Mid 4s seems unlikely. Can you give more information?<p>: : Stan<br>: <br>: You're right in that the Euro M3 is much better at high speeds (over 100mph) than the US M3. As for 0-60 times, the Euro has about a 0.3 sec advantage. Geared differently, I think you can sacrifice some of that top end for better low end acceleration. I agree that mid-4s is pretty optimistic (although I would love it) so I would put it 4.7-5.1 interval.<p></i><p>Also keep in mind that it will a 6 speed, which will allow shorter gear ratios, resulting in quicker acceleration.<p>Richard

Marc
10-21-1999, 01:38 PM
All very true<br>consider this though:<br>Due the anticipated higher cruising speeds for the Euro cars, and the adoption of the universal M3, I think the first mod for a E46 M3 should be a rear diff. change...since us yankees are limited anyway, might as well get to whatever speed as fast as possible<p>Of course with torque to spare and a high ratio rear, rear tire spin will be a (very spectacular)<br>problem<p>my $0.02

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index