Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JP
10-20-1999, 01:40 PM
I am thinking about holding off on my Boxster purchase in order to wait for the new M3. I have not been able to get ANY information from BMW, BMW N.A., or the BMW dealers. I currently have a '97 M3. It is my 3rd BMW, so I am definitely a BMW afficiando. The Boxster almost lured me away, but I can't stop thinking about the new M3.I can't believe this board exists and I will immediately start reading it to see what info. I can find! Are there any (real) pics of the new M3? How much info. has been given out about it? Boy, where do I start?!!<p>Thank you in advance for any responses.<p>JP<p>P.S. Sorry 'bout the Boxster thing...but I have'nt bought it yet!<br>

Jeremy
10-20-1999, 03:19 PM
<i>: I am thinking about holding off on my Boxster purchase in order to wait for the new M3. I have not been able to get ANY information from BMW, BMW N.A., or the BMW dealers. I currently have a '97 M3. It is my 3rd BMW, so I am definitely a BMW afficiando. The Boxster almost lured me away, but I can't stop thinking about the new M3.I can't believe this board exists and I will immediately start reading it to see what info. I can find! Are there any (real) pics of the new M3? How much info. has been given out about it? Boy, where do I start?!!<p>: Thank you in advance for any responses.<p>: JP<p>: P.S. Sorry 'bout the Boxster thing...but I have'nt bought it yet!<p></i>

Boxter fan
10-20-1999, 03:35 PM
<i>: I am thinking about holding off on my Boxster purchase in order to wait for the new M3. I have not been able to get ANY information from BMW, BMW N.A., or the BMW dealers. I currently have a '97 M3. It is my 3rd BMW, so I am definitely a BMW afficiando. The Boxster almost lured me away, but I can't stop thinking about the new M3.I can't believe this board exists and I will immediately start reading it to see what info. I can find! Are there any (real) pics of the new M3? How much info. has been given out about it? Boy, where do I start?!!<p>: Thank you in advance for any responses.<p>: JP<p>: P.S. Sorry 'bout the Boxster thing...but I have'nt bought it yet!<p></i><p>I have read up on the boxter S. Nice car but with just a few options it's 56K. Went to a Porsche dealer and he told me the new boxter S was like driving a G0-kart! They had a test drive day for the salesman and they had a old m3 and a new boxter S and they really like the power and the bigger brakes on the new boxter. <p> I am waiting on the M3 myself but sure like the boxter S, a little rich for me. My local BMW dealer said 45K for the new M3 with most of the options.<p>LBJ

(eom) Bruce
10-20-1999, 04:02 PM

VroooM\\\
10-20-1999, 05:30 PM
Looks like the Boxster S is going to be quite a car. But for that price... I think you might be better off buying a two year old 911 or the E46 M3.<p>$.02<p>99 M3<br>Silver/BLK

Andreas
10-20-1999, 05:49 PM
...was NOT impressed at all !<p>My intention was to compare the new Boxster S and my 05/98 BMW M Roadster (Euro spec).<p>I really like both cars. The Boxster S is made of very good quality - better than the MZ3. And it's the better daily driver...<p>But the M Roadster (Euro = 321 bhp) provides a lot more power. It is more aggressive at any rpm as from standstill. At high speed the "M" takes advantage of the + 81 bhp (Boxster S = 240 bhp).<p>In one word: it's not the same league !<p>Altogether:<br>M Roadster = better sports car<br>Boxster S = better luxury car (better value)<p>Cheers from Zurich<br>Andreas

JP
10-20-1999, 06:52 PM

Bruce
10-20-1999, 07:48 PM

FrankRizzo
11-14-1999, 10:10 PM
I guess he just drove it, he didn't look at it. Also, most dealers are supposed to get their "Ses" Tomorrow. The official release date is Nov. 15th. So, there is a high probability that this guy is just a troll. <p>We just had an idiot post a flaming troll message over on the Boxster board. Probably the same idiot.

FrankRizzo
11-14-1999, 10:12 PM
Base price in the US is $49,430.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index