Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bryan
10-25-1999, 08:06 AM
This is based on the M5 that I saw yesterday. SWEET-*** MACHINE!! Anyway, the duel-exhaust system does not allow for a full sized spare (and unfortunately, not even a steel wheel). Hopefully they will give us at least a steel wheel in the M3, I don't feel as safe with just a patch kit.

AC
10-25-1999, 11:21 AM
This is so bull-****....if I pay $50,000 (M3) to 70,000 $ (M5) I expect a full-size spare-tire. There is no excuse for such thing. BMW engineers should re-engineer the back and should drop the 4 pipe exhaust look. What a nonsense...you don't need that GM-Pontiac sports car look (looks ridiculous anyway)...Exhaust systems can be engineered much better these days. <br>AC<p><i>: This is based on the M5 that I saw yesterday. SWEET-*** MACHINE!! Anyway, the duel-exhaust system does not allow for a full sized spare (and unfortunately, not even a steel wheel). Hopefully they will give us at least a steel wheel in the M3, I don't feel as safe with just a patch kit.<p></i>

Faris
10-25-1999, 02:16 PM
<i>: <br>But aren't the fornt/back wheel sizes different? so which size should the spare be? ;-)<br></i>

Jason L2
10-25-1999, 02:46 PM
Well geez, easy answer: The same situation exists on the current M3, and obviously the smaller of the 2 sizes (the front) is used so that it will fit safely at any postion.

Jason L2
10-25-1999, 02:46 PM
Well geez, easy answer: The same situation exists on the current M3, and obviously the smaller of the 2 sizes (the front) is used so that it will fit safely at any postion.

I like the dual exhaust! Bryan
10-25-1999, 02:48 PM
<i>: This is so bull-****....if I pay $50,000 (M3) to 70,000 $ (M5) I expect a full-size spare-tire. There is no excuse for such thing. BMW engineers should re-engineer the back and should drop the 4 pipe exhaust look. What a nonsense...you don't need that GM-Pontiac sports car look (looks ridiculous anyway)...Exhaust systems can be engineered much better these days. <br>: AC<p>: : This is based on the M5 that I saw yesterday. SWEET-*** MACHINE!! Anyway, the duel-exhaust system does not allow for a full sized spare (and unfortunately, not even a steel wheel). Hopefully they will give us at least a steel wheel in the M3, I don't feel as safe with just a patch kit.<p></i>

Fulda Hater
10-25-1999, 03:26 PM
Just get those bullet proof Michelins and no worries mates!

bsc
10-25-1999, 11:25 PM
<i>: This is so bull-****....if I pay $50,000 (M3) to 70,000 $ (M5) I expect a full-size spare-tire. There is no excuse for such thing. BMW engineers should re-engineer the back and should drop the 4 pipe exhaust look. What a nonsense...you don't need that GM-Pontiac sports car look (looks ridiculous anyway)...Exhaust systems can be engineered much better these days. <br>: AC<p>: : This is based on the M5 that I saw yesterday. SWEET-*** MACHINE!! Anyway, the duel-exhaust system does not allow for a full sized spare (and unfortunately, not even a steel wheel). Hopefully they will give us at least a steel wheel in the M3, I don't feel as safe with just a patch kit.<p></i>I wish they would give us the full-size spare as a take home...I would want something a little lighter anyway perhaps on the car, if anything. I would rather use AAA when a tire fails, than carry the weight of a full i think.

Louis
10-26-1999, 09:28 AM
I'm torn on this one. Although I like the quad exhaust look, I'm not trying to call AAA to deal with a flat I can change on my M3 in 5 minutes. <p>I had a Michelin blow out on me on the way to the airport. If my only options then were a can of Fix-A-Flat or calling for help, me and my companions would have been kissing that flight goodbye.

AC
10-26-1999, 12:55 PM
<i>: : This is so bull-****....if I pay $50,000 (M3) to 70,000 $ (M5) I expect a full-size spare-tire. There is no excuse for such thing. BMW engineers should re-engineer the back and should drop the 4 pipe exhaust look. What a nonsense...you don't need that GM-Pontiac sports car look (looks ridiculous anyway)...Exhaust systems can be engineered much better these days. <br>: : AC<p>: : : This is based on the M5 that I saw yesterday. SWEET-*** MACHINE!! Anyway, the duel-exhaust system does not allow for a full sized spare (and unfortunately, not even a steel wheel). Hopefully they will give us at least a steel wheel in the M3, I don't feel as safe with just a patch kit.<p>: I wish they would give us the full-size spare as a take home...I would want something a little lighter anyway perhaps on the car, if anything. I would rather use AAA when a tire fails, than carry the weight of a full i think.<p></i>

marc b
10-29-1999, 09:47 AM
Don't they now make Z rated run flats?<br>I'm pretty sure<p>

jps
11-02-1999, 01:48 PM
I'd even rather have a temp. mini spare. At least you can get were you need to go. I have had several tires blow out badly enough that a can a fix a flat or a plug would be futile. Run flat tires mean you are pretty limited in tire choices and they tend to ride stiffer than a comparable regular tire and don't offer any performance advantage.

P Townsend in England
11-19-1999, 03:53 PM
<i>: Just get those bullet proof Michelins and no worries mates!<p></i>I had a E36 318is and it had fulda tyres they are so crap. I thought it was the tyres untill I drove another BMW and that had Avons on it and they seemed like glue.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index