Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ordered E46 M3 with SMG.....Cool-M3
10-27-1999, 03:25 PM
You people are so pathetic..... !<br>Most comments with a few exceptions (thanks to Bruce) on this 'E46 M3 board' are so redundant. Sharing thoughts about the E46 M3 are great ( thanks to Alan we have a seperate board for this), but so many people just don't seem to get it....<br>Cool-M3

BMW
10-27-1999, 04:55 PM
<i>: You people are so pathetic..... !<br>: Most comments with a few exceptions (thanks to Bruce) on this 'E46 M3 board' are so redundant. Sharing thoughts about the E46 M3 are great ( thanks to Alan we have a seperate board for this), but so many people just don't seem to get it....<br>: Cool-M3<p></i><p>What is SMG?<p>Thanks<br>

NB
10-27-1999, 08:08 PM
...for taking out that pathetic little CRX that just cut you off. Actually, it's a Sequential Manual Gearshift or something similar to that acronym. It's somewhat similar in principle to the F1 system in the Ferrari F355 and 360 Modena. Serves as an alternative to the manual for people living in congested urban areas. According to some email I got from overseas folks, the last gen (E36) SMG was a complete piece of garbage.

dann_5
10-27-1999, 10:44 PM
old generation SMG was the jumping off point for the ferrari SMG, also,... i think it means Sequential M[motorsport} Gearshift/gearbox... one of those,. or at least something to that effect, also,. it is an awesome system from what i have heard, even in automatic mode, it shifts faster than an automatic, and comsumes as much gas as a regular manual... [i talked to a REP from GEtrag gears, they supposedly make the SMG's for the M3's,. they dfo however make an ASG for most of the cars in europe w/ them]<p><i>: ...for taking out that pathetic little CRX that just cut you off. Actually, it's a Sequential Manual Gearshift or something similar to that acronym. It's somewhat similar in principle to the F1 system in the Ferrari F355 and 360 Modena. Serves as an alternative to the manual for people living in congested urban areas. According to some email I got from overseas folks, the last gen (E36) SMG was a complete piece of garbage. <p></i>

NB
10-28-1999, 09:05 AM
...and tell that his car was constantly at the dealer having the gearbox recalibrated. He also said that the SMG shifts slower than the manual tranny, and that it's not even worth the extra money. I just hoped they improved it for the E46 M3.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index