Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Rick Key
10-28-1999, 08:36 PM
I have been reading about the M5 recently and apparently one of the reasons they cannot offer a spare tire is that they needed room for those 4 exhaust tips. Who out there would rather have a full size spare instead of 4 tips? I would! And those exhaust tips may have looked ok on the roadster but on the M5 and upcoming M3 i say get rid of em! Makes them look like Pontiac wannabees, they had it first afterall and there are enough comparisons to the looks of Pontiac (grill) that BMW does not need anymore (rearend now too?). What do U think? Too late to change anyones mind at this point probably. Just seems gimicky to me ... next comes the GOLD package.<p>Rick Key<br>95 ///M3

Gilbert
10-30-1999, 11:02 AM
<i>: Makes them look like Pontiac wannabees, they had it first afterall<br></i><p>Huh? Last I checked Pontiac weren't the first to put twin dual exhausts on a car. If they(M) need that exhaust to get all they can out of the car--then I'm all for it. Otherwise, it is only cosmetic, and I could do without it.

rr
10-31-1999, 06:24 PM
<i>: I have been reading about the M5 recently and apparently one of the reasons they cannot offer a spare tire is that they needed room for those 4 exhaust tips. Who out there would rather have a full size spare instead of 4 tips? I would! And those exhaust tips may have looked ok on the roadster but on the M5 and upcoming M3 i say get rid of em! Makes them look like Pontiac wannabees, they had it first afterall and there are enough comparisons to the looks of Pontiac (grill) that BMW does not need anymore (rearend now too?). What do U think? Too late to change anyones mind at this point probably. Just seems gimicky to me ... next comes the GOLD package.<p>: Rick Key<br>: 95 ///M3 <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index