Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Steve
11-06-1999, 10:58 AM
There is somehting about the way they designed the new e46, it looks like **** when people try to put a wing on it, the e36 looks so good with the factory wing, I think this is because the lines on the e46 aren't good, and the back end is screwed up, those lights look like a Honda. BMW has forced me to wait for the E56 M3, because I don't like the way the new one looks, any comments?

Lincoln
11-06-1999, 11:56 AM
<i>: There is somehting about the way they designed the new e46, it looks like **** when people try to put a wing on it, the e36 looks so good with the factory wing, I think this is because the lines on the e46 aren't good, and the back end is screwed up, those lights look like a Honda. BMW has forced me to wait for the E56 M3, because I don't like the way the new one looks, any comments?<p></i>Sorry you don't like the looks. I'm sure BMW will be happy to sell your E46 M3 to someone else.

M3 MAX
11-06-1999, 12:30 PM
<i>: There is somehting about the way they designed the new e46, it looks like **** when people try to put a wing on it, the e36 looks so good with the factory wing, I think this is because the lines on the e46 aren't good, and the back end is screwed up, those lights look like a Honda. BMW has forced me to wait for the E56 M3, because I don't like the way the new one looks, any comments?<p></i>

Mark G
11-06-1999, 02:19 PM
I agree that there are some styling elements of the E46 that are somewhat suspect. The front is very sharp--aggressive and muscular, even in the sedan, but especially in the M3. However, the rear is soft and weak, and the rear quarter panels are slightly bloated. This was improved on the M3 with the addition of wider wheel arches, but the creased, muscular look of the E36 hind-quarters was still lost.<p>I was hoping that BMW would replace the trunk on the M3 with a more angulated lid, similar to the E36 (and even the A4) rather than the curved lid found on the sedan and coupe. No luck. There's no question (IMO) that the rear of the E46 is the worst part of the car, and so far BMW has been unsuccessful in making it look better with styling kits, wings, etc.<p>Mark G

Kareem
11-06-1999, 03:01 PM
<i>: I agree that there are some styling elements of the E46 that are somewhat suspect. The front is very sharp--aggressive and muscular, even in the sedan, but especially in the M3. However, the rear is soft and weak, and the rear quarter panels are slightly bloated. This was improved on the M3 with the addition of wider wheel arches, but the creased, muscular look of the E36 hind-quarters was still lost.<p>: I was hoping that BMW would replace the trunk on the M3 with a more angulated lid, similar to the E36 (and even the A4) rather than the curved lid found on the sedan and coupe. No luck. There's no question (IMO) that the rear of the E46 is the worst part of the car, and so far BMW has been unsuccessful in making it look better with styling kits, wings, etc.<p>: Mark G<p></i>

Chimera
11-06-1999, 09:02 PM
<i><br></i>

M3 MAX
11-07-1999, 03:43 AM
<i><br></i>

bsc
11-07-1999, 04:42 PM
<i><br></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index