Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mike O.
11-07-1999, 09:05 PM
I have been reading a good deal about the Audi RS4 to be released in Europe this spring. <p>380 HP<br>Wagon (almost 50/50 weight distribution)<br>every option known to man <br>just over $50k<p>No flames please.<br>Mike O.

Chris in Portland
11-07-1999, 10:49 PM
Hmm If you want me to decide for ya I have no idea. I like both!<p>Hows the grey market importing gonna work? Id be interested in this, have read a little on it. Once you get it here, I suppose on the street it would be ignorantly recognized as an Avant, so Id probably take the risk. Wouldnt it cost much more than 50k to get it here?<p>If I had a choice, Id go with the RS4 just because I snowboard 150 days a year, and Id want the extra room. A nice 4 second resort rocket.<p>But hey the new M3 I probably cant pass that up. And its legal.<p>Chris<br><i>: I have been reading a good deal about the Audi RS4 to be released in Europe this spring. <p>: 380 HP<br>: Wagon (almost 50/50 weight distribution)<br>: every option known to man <br>: just over $50k<p>: No flames please.<br>: Mike O.<p></i>

giampiero
11-07-1999, 10:50 PM
<br>: I have been reading a good deal about the Audi RS4 to be released in Europe this spring. <p>: 380 HP<br>: Wagon (almost 50/50 weight distribution)<br>: every option known to man <br>: just over $50k<p>: No flames please.<br>: Mike O.<p>I DOUBT VERY MUCH THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BUY AT $50K AN AUDI RS4.<br>I THINK 65K IS MORE THE REAL COST,INCLUDING SHIPPING ETC ETC

NB
11-08-1999, 01:39 AM
The RS4 is going for ~$55k USD overseas, so the likely cost would be somewhere around $75K imported. If I were him, I'd either get the E46 M3 or just wait another two years and get the next-gen S4, which is supposed to be lot more like the RS4 than the current S4.

?
11-08-1999, 03:00 AM
<i>: The RS4 is going for ~$55k USD overseas, so the likely cost would be somewhere around $75K imported. If I were him, I'd either get the E46 M3 or just wait another two years and get the next-gen S4, which is supposed to be lot more like the RS4 than the current S4.<p></i>

Drex
11-08-1999, 04:36 AM
they even advised against it (importing a 91 M5) b/c of the overall cost (at least $6k) and believe me, DMV and inspection are gonna give you hell for as long as you own the car. Not worth all that hassle.

Alex
11-08-1999, 12:21 PM
<i>: : The RS4 is going for ~$55k USD overseas, so the likely cost would be somewhere around $75K imported. If I were him, I'd either get the E46 M3 or just wait another two years and get the next-gen S4, which is supposed to be lot more like the RS4 than the current S4.<p></i><br>What you saying does not make any sense.... If you look at prices for BMWs, for example, Euro pricing is MUCH higher than US. This means that if the car is arounf $55k in euro it will probably be in the mid or lower $40ies in here. Just look at the trends.

Detuning sucks
11-08-1999, 02:40 PM
<i>: : : The RS4 is going for ~$55k USD overseas, so the likely cost would be somewhere around $75K imported. If I were him, I'd either get the E46 M3 or just wait another two years and get the next-gen S4, which is supposed to be lot more like the RS4 than the current S4.<p>: <br>: What you saying does not make any sense.... If you look at prices for BMWs, for example, Euro pricing is MUCH higher than US. This means that if the car is arounf $55k in euro it will probably be in the mid or lower $40ies in here. Just look at the trends.<p></i>

BimmerMan
11-08-1999, 04:52 PM
He was referring to getting the car imported by a gray-market company like Sun International. The cost through them or any other reputable importer is not cheap.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index