Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Belcoo
11-08-1999, 01:34 PM
I have just returned from the UK and was speaking to a friend over there and told him about the the speed limiter that we get in the states (top speed of 128). He told me that the speed limiter is generally connected to the turn signal in the fuse box. If we wanted to disable the speed limiter we would have to rewire the the turn signal thus diabaling the limiter or if you take out the turn signal fuse then the limiter is disabled. Is this true?

Jason L2
11-08-1999, 03:43 PM
Dude, the E36 M3's are limited to 137, not 128... Maybe you have a loose spark plug wire or two?? Hehehe. The speed limiter is in the ECU's software, i can't imagine that a portion of a computer program is governed by its own power supply thru the blinker's fuse. You could always pull the fuse(s) from your blinkers and run her up to top speed to find out...

Bennett
11-08-1999, 04:59 PM
I don't know about the indicator being connected to the speed limiter but it seems bizarre. On the other hand, if you upgrade your software (with like a dinan chip or any other brand) it eliminates the speed limiter and gives you a little more power. <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index