Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Alan M.
11-09-1999, 11:13 PM
My dealer has two used '98 m3's on his lot; both silver with 10 spokes ( I think they're called), one coupe with wing, one sedan. I called him Saturday morning and asked him if I could test drive one. He said sure; gave me the keys to the coupe for 15 minutes.<p>It kind of felt like home behind the wheel, pretty similar in "feelness" to my 323i, but, I say, but, the power was much better and the handling was noticeably better. It was the first time I drove an m3. I loved it. <p>Any reasonable opinions about how the e46 m3 will feel in power and handling vs. what I drove? Thanks. <p> Alan M.

Mike Lung
11-10-1999, 04:02 AM
Yeah I know what you mean. I've been driving a Toyota Camry for the past 5 years and just got my 98 M3 last weekend. Jesus the is the first time I've ever driven downhill on a windy road at 70mph and stayed in my own lane. With the Camry it slips side to side even at 50mph. The M3 seriously doesn't budge. Damn awesome car. The e46 m3 should be able to take off from an aircraft carrier with no problems. <p><i>: My dealer has two used '98 m3's on his lot; both silver with 10 spokes ( I think they're called), one coupe with wing, one sedan. I called him Saturday morning and asked him if I could test drive one. He said sure; gave me the keys to the coupe for 15 minutes.<p>: It kind of felt like home behind the wheel, pretty similar in "feelness" to my 323i, but, I say, but, the power was much better and the handling was noticeably better. It was the first time I drove an m3. I loved it. <p>: Any reasonable opinions about how the e46 m3 will feel in power and handling vs. what I drove? Thanks. <p>: Alan M.<p></i>

Jeremy
11-10-1999, 08:15 AM
<i>: The e46 m3 should be able to take off from an aircraft carrier with no problems. <br></i><p>Brilliant!!! :)<p>-Jeremy

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index