Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Rick Key
11-11-1999, 04:08 PM
Meanwhile, work continues on other 3 Series variants with a wagon ("touring" in Munich-speak) arriving midway through next year. The largely unloved Compact gets a major refit at Sydney Olympics time. To keep weight down, BMW reportedly will fit the next M3 with thinner glass, doors and lids made of high-strength steel, aluminium suspension and miniaturised auxiliary equipment.<p> Visually, the M3 remains something of a wolf in sheep's clothing. Styled along the same lines as the new M5, it gets revised front and rear bumpers,<br>bigger air intakes, twin tail-pipes, fat tyres on 17-inch wheels, integrated driving lights and subtle sill extensions. Engine modifications will raise the<br>capacity and power output to 3.4 litres and about 275 kW.<p> The next M3 will have a six-speed manual gearbox or an improved sequential transmission. In the future, gear changes will be triggered by depressing a<br>paddle or switch on the steering wheel, and the automatic mode will be significantly smoother as well as more responsive.<p> Initially a coupe, the M3 from early 2001 will come as a convertible. The four-door is tipped to bite the dust, but we may eventually see an M3 touring.<p>Rick Key<br>95 ///M3<br>

SMG Spec
11-11-1999, 04:42 PM
Does this apply only to Europe becasue I thought SMG was not comming to the US.<p>Please confirm.<p><i>: Meanwhile, work continues on other 3 Series variants with a wagon ("touring" in Munich-speak) arriving midway through next year. The largely unloved Compact gets a major refit at Sydney Olympics time. To keep weight down, BMW reportedly will fit the next M3 with thinner glass, doors and lids made of high-strength steel, aluminium suspension and miniaturised auxiliary equipment.<p>: Visually, the M3 remains something of a wolf in sheep's clothing. Styled along the same lines as the new M5, it gets revised front and rear bumpers,<br>: bigger air intakes, twin tail-pipes, fat tyres on 17-inch wheels, integrated driving lights and subtle sill extensions. Engine modifications will raise the<br>: capacity and power output to 3.4 litres and about 275 kW.<p>: The next M3 will have a six-speed manual gearbox or an improved sequential transmission. In the future, gear changes will be triggered by depressing a<br>: paddle or switch on the steering wheel, and the automatic mode will be significantly smoother as well as more responsive.<p>: Initially a coupe, the M3 from early 2001 will come as a convertible. The four-door is tipped to bite the dust, but we may eventually see an M3 touring.<p>: Rick Key<br>: 95 ///M3<p></i>

Rick Key
11-11-1999, 09:36 PM
<i>: Does this apply only to Europe becasue I thought SMG was not comming to the US.<p>: Please confirm.<p>: : Meanwhile, work continues on other 3 Series variants with a wagon ("touring" in Munich-speak) arriving midway through next year. The largely unloved Compact gets a major refit at Sydney Olympics time. To keep weight down, BMW reportedly will fit the next M3 with thinner glass, doors and lids made of high-strength steel, aluminium suspension and miniaturised auxiliary equipment.<p>: : Visually, the M3 remains something of a wolf in sheep's clothing. Styled along the same lines as the new M5, it gets revised front and rear bumpers,<br>: : bigger air intakes, twin tail-pipes, fat tyres on 17-inch wheels, integrated driving lights and subtle sill extensions. Engine modifications will raise the<br>: : capacity and power output to 3.4 litres and about 275 kW.<p>: : The next M3 will have a six-speed manual gearbox or an improved sequential transmission. In the future, gear changes will be triggered by depressing a<br>: : paddle or switch on the steering wheel, and the automatic mode will be significantly smoother as well as more responsive.<p>: : Initially a coupe, the M3 from early 2001 will come as a convertible. The four-door is tipped to bite the dust, but we may eventually see an M3 touring.<p>: : Rick Key<br>: : 95 ///M3<p></i>Note it says in the future. SMG will come to the US but BMW needs to be completely happy with its operation in all environments. Currently the Euro press and some owners have not been overly impressed with the SMGs operation (others have loved it though). This is from some Australian BMW press release I believe. It was posted to one of the BMM email lists.<p>Rick Key<br>95 ///M3

owen
11-12-1999, 03:13 AM
<i>: Meanwhile, work continues on other 3 Series variants with a wagon ("touring" in Munich-speak) arriving midway through next year. The largely unloved Compact gets a major refit at Sydney Olympics time. To keep weight down, BMW reportedly will fit the next M3 with thinner glass, doors and lids made of high-strength steel, aluminium suspension and miniaturised auxiliary equipment.<p>: Visually, the M3 remains something of a wolf in sheep's clothing. Styled along the same lines as the new M5, it gets revised front and rear bumpers,<br>: bigger air intakes, twin tail-pipes, fat tyres on 17-inch wheels, integrated driving lights and subtle sill extensions. Engine modifications will raise the<br>: capacity and power output to 3.4 litres and about 275 kW.<p>: The next M3 will have a six-speed manual gearbox or an improved sequential transmission. In the future, gear changes will be triggered by depressing a<br>: paddle or switch on the steering wheel, and the automatic mode will be significantly smoother as well as more responsive.<p>: Initially a coupe, the M3 from early 2001 will come as a convertible. The four-door is tipped to bite the dust, but we may eventually see an M3 touring.<p>: Rick Key<br>: 95 ///M3<p><br></i><p>New M3 will have 18" wheels, just like the Frankfurt show car !!!!!!!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index