Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Amoeba
11-15-1999, 05:53 PM
I just went to two of the BMW in the south bay, namely <br>Stevens Creek BMW and Claridge in Fremont, both are taking<br>deposits for the 2001 M3. Stevens Creek asks for $500 <br>deposit to put your name on the list. This entitles you to<br>specifying the exact car that you want, color, options and<br>all. When it is delivered next fall and arrives on the lot,<br>you can test drive it and make the final decision on <br>whether you want to purchase the vehicle or not. The deposit<br>is refundable anytime even upto the time you test drive the<br>car that you ordered. There are about 8-9 people on the<br>list right now, and he claims that they should get 5-6 cars<br>on the first allotment, then maybe 2-3 each month afterwards.<p>Claridge requires a $2000 deposit, citing that they want to<br>be sure that people are serious and isn't just taking up a<br>spot. They have around 6 people on the list.

Ken
11-15-1999, 06:37 PM

EOM
11-16-1999, 01:44 AM
<i>: I just went to two of the BMW in the south bay, namely <br>: Stevens Creek BMW and Claridge in Fremont, both are taking<br>: deposits for the 2001 M3. Stevens Creek asks for $500 <br>: deposit to put your name on the list. This entitles you to<br>: specifying the exact car that you want, color, options and<br>: all. When it is delivered next fall and arrives on the lot,<br>: you can test drive it and make the final decision on <br>: whether you want to purchase the vehicle or not. The deposit<br>: is refundable anytime even upto the time you test drive the<br>: car that you ordered. There are about 8-9 people on the<br>: list right now, and he claims that they should get 5-6 cars<br>: on the first allotment, then maybe 2-3 each month afterwards.<p>: Claridge requires a $2000 deposit, citing that they want to<br>: be sure that people are serious and isn't just taking up a<br>: spot. They have around 6 people on the list. <p></i>

Mike Lung
11-16-1999, 03:55 AM
If you're buying cars in Silicon Valley, there's no way you're gonna get MSRP, especially on a not new M3. I heard some guy payed 15% over MSRP for the M5. That's $12K almost. So if you're gonna run with the rich boys in Silicon Valley, be ready to dish out some serious cash.<p><i>: : I just went to two of the BMW in the south bay, namely <br>: : Stevens Creek BMW and Claridge in Fremont, both are taking<br>: : deposits for the 2001 M3. Stevens Creek asks for $500 <br>: : deposit to put your name on the list. This entitles you to<br>: : specifying the exact car that you want, color, options and<br>: : all. When it is delivered next fall and arrives on the lot,<br>: : you can test drive it and make the final decision on <br>: : whether you want to purchase the vehicle or not. The deposit<br>: : is refundable anytime even upto the time you test drive the<br>: : car that you ordered. There are about 8-9 people on the<br>: : list right now, and he claims that they should get 5-6 cars<br>: : on the first allotment, then maybe 2-3 each month afterwards.<p>: : Claridge requires a $2000 deposit, citing that they want to<br>: : be sure that people are serious and isn't just taking up a<br>: : spot. They have around 6 people on the list. <p></i>

EOM
11-16-1999, 02:36 PM
<i>: If you're buying cars in Silicon Valley, there's no way you're gonna get MSRP, especially on a not new M3. I heard some guy payed 15% over MSRP for the M5. That's $12K almost. So if you're gonna run with the rich boys in Silicon Valley, be ready to dish out some serious cash.<p>: : : I just went to two of the BMW in the south bay, namely <br>: : : Stevens Creek BMW and Claridge in Fremont, both are taking<br>: : : deposits for the 2001 M3. Stevens Creek asks for $500 <br>: : : deposit to put your name on the list. This entitles you to<br>: : : specifying the exact car that you want, color, options and<br>: : : all. When it is delivered next fall and arrives on the lot,<br>: : : you can test drive it and make the final decision on <br>: : : whether you want to purchase the vehicle or not. The deposit<br>: : : is refundable anytime even upto the time you test drive the<br>: : : car that you ordered. There are about 8-9 people on the<br>: : : list right now, and he claims that they should get 5-6 cars<br>: : : on the first allotment, then maybe 2-3 each month afterwards.<p>: : : Claridge requires a $2000 deposit, citing that they want to<br>: : : be sure that people are serious and isn't just taking up a<br>: : : spot. They have around 6 people on the list. <p></i>

kilo_watt
11-19-1999, 06:14 PM
Is it just me, or are the salespeople at Stevens Creek BMW a touch less than friendly?<p>Either way, is the '01 M3 going to initially be released as a coupe, and then later as a sedan? Don't flame me for asking, but is the Steptronic transmission available as an option on the '01 M3?<p><br>-kilo_watt-<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index